RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008

Rims For Neutron Hubs

Has anyone had any experience of having a non stock rim laced to a pair of Neutron hubs and if so which rim and where from?

Thanks....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    a friend laced the neutron rear hub to some bontrager rim... cannot recall which bontrager it was.

i will try and find out from him.

Oren

classiquesklassieker
    Quote Originally Posted by mj3200 View Post
    Has anyone had any experience of having a non stock rim laced to a pair of Neutron hubs and if so which rim and where from?

Thanks....
    Shouldn't you consider this from the opposite perspective? Which is to say, you have Campagnolo Record hubs (or Chorus). People have built these with DT rims, and Open Pro rims, and many others. As long as the rims and spokes are compatible they will work. Once you take away the spokes and rims, there is nothing specifically "Neutron" about those hubs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orange_julius View Post
    Shouldn't you consider this from the opposite perspective? Which is to say, you have Campagnolo Record hubs (or Chorus). People have built these with DT rims, and Open Pro rims, and many others. As long as the rims and spokes are compatible they will work. Once you take away the spokes and rims, there is nothing specifically "Neutron" about those hubs.
    Actually Julius, this is not correct.

Although Neutron hubs take the same internals, the shell of the rear hub is quite different, with the spoke spacing about 10mm greater than standard, the difference being that the NDS flange is about 10mm to the left. This teams up with the asymmetric Neutron rear rim that has the holes drilled to the left.

I know because I have both, and just measured.

So, the OP's question is really asking how this would work with a standard, center spoke, rim. Here's where a wheel expert needs to chime in. I don't know.
    There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

classiquesklassieker
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjulio View Post
    Actually Julius, this is not correct.

Although Neutron hubs take the same internals, the shell of the rear hub is quite different, with the spoke spacing about 10mm greater than standard, the difference being that the NDS flange is about 10mm to the left. This teams up with the asymmetric Neutron rear rim that has the holes drilled to the left.

I know because I have both, and just measured.

So, the OP's question is really asking how this would work with a standard, center spoke, rim. Here's where a wheel expert needs to chime in. I don't know.
    Ah, thanks for correcting me. I had thought that the hubs have standard dimensions. My bad!