Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Anyone doing grand fondo Ottawa?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  love4himies 
#1 ·
I did it in 2013 and to be honest it was a mess-has anyone done it in more recent years and if so what was your experience?
I'm tempted to go do it again since it is semi-local but not if they haven't gotten their act together.
Thanks

#2 ·
I did it back in 2013 and wasn't impressed. I haven't been back and don't plan on doing it again. We end up spending the night before in a hotel as we travel from out of town and it got expensive.

#3 ·
I can drive down the morning of so the only expense for me is registration. I did it in 2013 and was hoping for an improved experience if I were to go again. Not into bad road markings and burnt food at the end. Hell I don't even care about the food a just a good ride with clear indicators and closed /semi closed road intersections would be great. GFNY is a great example of how to mark the course and makes roads safe for the riders. Battenkill is another great example.

#4 ·
The food was so bad I thought I was eating ashes.

I was happy I had my Garmin because the whole group of us would have been lost. AND we had to go the last 40KM with no food/water refills because they hadn't set up the last site until after we rode by.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.