RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014

Anyone doing grand fondo Ottawa?

I did it in 2013 and to be honest it was a mess-has anyone done it in more recent years and if so what was your experience?
    I'm tempted to go do it again since it is semi-local but not if they haven't gotten their act together.
    Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    I did it back in 2013 and wasn't impressed. I haven't been back and don't plan on doing it again. We end up spending the night before in a hotel as we travel from out of town and it got expensive.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    I can drive down the morning of so the only expense for me is registration. I did it in 2013 and was hoping for an improved experience if I were to go again. Not into bad road markings and burnt food at the end. Hell I don't even care about the food a just a good ride with clear indicators and closed /semi closed road intersections would be great. GFNY is a great example of how to mark the course and makes roads safe for the riders. Battenkill is another great example.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FasterStronger View Post
    I can drive down the morning of so the only expense for me is registration. I did it in 2013 and was hoping for an improved experience if I were to go again. Not into bad road markings and burnt food at the end. Hell I don't even care about the food a just a good ride with clear indicators and closed /semi closed road intersections would be great. GFNY is a great example of how to mark the course and makes roads safe for the riders. Battenkill is another great example.
    The food was so bad I thought I was eating ashes.

I was happy I had my Garmin because the whole group of us would have been lost. AND we had to go the last 40KM with no food/water refills because they hadn't set up the last site until after we rode by.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.