RoadBikeReview Member

GranFondo Ottawa

Anybody going to Ottawa's Gran Fondo on the 20th? Which route will you be doing? Are you staying at the Brookstreet?
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    How was your ride?
    i did the 70 km ride being fairly new(2 moths in) and did pretty well - averaged about 25 kmph and took one hill going down at 60 kmh which is about as fast as I have gone to date.
    the file that I uploaded to my garmin from their site was wacky - all the turns were off but I just stayed with the crowd and it worked out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good for you!

That was quite the hill, wasn't it. Too bad for the brutal wind on it, I would have gone faster, but being a little lady, it was pushing me too much and with the uneven pavement, I wasn't feeling too confident.

Did really well, considering the wind. The final feed station wasn't set up when we went by (about 20k from the end), so I ran out of water 12km from the finish. We finished the 100k in about 4.5 hours with stops, have to upload my gps data to get exact stats.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    100 kms - right on!

The wind was pretty rough and I dropped my chain right as I was getting to the peak of that hill - luckily I unclipped quick enough - no turtle-
    bummer about that feed station not being there - I heard grumbling a from quite a few folks after the finish about organizational issues.

How is it possible to have a head wind no matter which direction you re riding...? Cruel joke.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uphill70 View Post
    100 kms - right on!

The wind was pretty rough and I dropped my chain right as I was getting to the peak of that hill - luckily I unclipped quick enough - no turtle-
    bummer about that feed station not being there - I heard grumbling a from quite a few folks after the finish about organizational issues.

How is it possible to have a head wind no matter which direction you re riding...? Cruel joke.
    I couldn't believe the wind, until the last 12km, it was always a head wind. My hubby finally got the concept of pulling and drafting. Every I went behind him to draft, he would speed up and I would be on my own again.

I guess on a good note, we weren't riding in Fridays' weather.

.je
    Success find: 0 items!
    On a similar topic, anyone going to GranFondo PEI August 23-25?
    Gran Fondo Prince Edward Island - Gran Fondo PEI

I'd like to go but am here now and won't be on that weekend.