Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

2014 Synapse vs BMC GF01?

9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Sacke 
#1 ·
I am 53 years old and will be buying new bike soon. I ride about 10,000 miles per year, and my body is not getting any younger. I am ready to make the move to a more comfortable and plush-riding bike. The two bikes under consideration are the 2014 Synapse Hi-Mod and the BMC GF01.

Has anyone ridden both of these particular bikes? If so, I am interested in hearing how they are similar or different. I am trying to set up demo rides on both, but wondered if anyone has actually ridden both of these bikes?

Thanks!

#2 ·
There are quite a few endurance geometry bikes out there - not tying to talk you out of the BMC or Synapse but think you should consider a Trek Domane too - very plush riding.

#4 ·
Looks like I'm not the only one whose loosing sleep over these two bikes. Road the synapse and I liked it a lot, but it was a 56 and I need a 58, so not a real shake down. That noodle of a seatpost works as advertised. Although, I may just get the BMC site unseen 'cause it's available as a frameset where the synapse is not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.