Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by CHL View Post
    Hello tnicolluci:

Are you using the SL, SI or SI-SL2 cranksets?
    Hi there - I'm using the SiSL2.
    It is OK, I have been using it for a couple of months and the groupset is great - but it does rub the screws when I sprint or stroke hard.

I have received from Sram a pair of new limit screws - will try to install them next w-end. Let's see. If they are not short as I need them to be I will try to cut them with a Dremel - at least if I ruin them I still have the originals :-)

CHL
    Naso Unicornis
    Hello:

How did you acquire the shorter set screws. I have not seen any means of ordering anything from the SRAM website.

CHL
    2015 SS6 Evo HM - Sram Red/Force
    2012 Slice 5 - 105/Sram Red

RoadBikeReview Member
    You can only have your LBS or the store you bought your eTap from order it for you. I had Competitive Cyclist get it for me at no cost to me.

From their email correspondence to me:
    ----------------------------------------------

We do have shorter limit screws available. Please have your local dealer (or Competitive Cyclist) contact our Dealer Service warranty department, and they can source the replacement shorter grub screws for you.

Regards,
    SRAM USA
    www.sram.com

Service and Technical Documents:
    www.sram.com/service

----------------------------------------------

CHL
    Naso Unicornis
    Just to update this thread. I installed a SRAM Etap BB30 crankset and all the problems went away. The drivetrain runs smoother and quieter since it doesn't have the weird chain angle. The arms of the the SRAM crankset are not as thick as the Hollowgram. Perhaps this was the issue...

Happy that it got solved, not happy that I have to remove my Hollowgrams as I have been using the same crankset for nearly 10 years, ever since Cannondale released the Hollowgram SL crankset.

The black chainrings look cool on the computer screen but it looks ridiculously stupid on a small grey colored frameset... Can't we go back to the old polished look?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Little update. I purchased a compact sisl2 spider and installed it on my Caad12 with etap. This caused my drive side crank arm to contact the fr cage. I was running praxis mid compact prior with no issue. I am thinking there is either an offset issue or thikness issue.

CHL
    Naso Unicornis
    To me it does appear that the Hollowgrams have much thicker crank arms than the SRAM Red crankarms.

Do your crankarms hit the rear section of the derailleur cage or do they hit the knuckle that holds the cage (where the set screws are installed).

CHL

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    The arns might be thicker. My drive side arm hits the rear of the cage. It was hitting the motor, but i was able to adjust it slighy angled. It worked great with praxis rings. I got it to clear with the new sisl2 rings but its by a hair. Im trying to decide if i want to go with red cranks or get compact praxis rings. I think the issue for me is the offset of the sisl2 rings. They sit more flush to the arms then the praxis rings did. Ill try and mic the rings at the base, to see if they are substantially thicker.

So i checked the sisl2 spider, it has a deeper offset. The arm sits deeper then the praxis chainrings, so the sisl2 outter ring is much closer to the arm. My LBS carries praxis rings so I may buy the compact rings. They are only $150 or something
    Last edited by Hapsmo; 08-22-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12