Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

The 2016 Supersix Evo is Out!

22K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  fatcamper 
#1 ·
It's very nice, a little lighter, a littel more aero, but more importantly it has improved BB stiffness. :)

2016 Supersix Evo Bikes

#8 ·
Manufacturers do both controlled tests and real world

And feedback from riders including pro

#9 ·
This is why it always comes down to the test ride for me. I could care less about most numbers, I want to know how it feels to ride. It obviously has narrower tube shapes, so I don't doubt that it is more aero. I also feel comfortable saying that it probably rides a little smoother with wider tired and the rear end. How much? I think that all comes down to whether it is enough for the person riding it. You can ride far and fast on all of these bikes, the magic happens when you find the one that works really well for you and how you ride.

#10 ·
I don't care about numbers too much, it's all about the ride, the feel... But claims of a stiffer BB is good to me (it wasn't bad on the previous Evo, but perhaps the only thing I felt could need to be improved. Bigger, powerful cyclists will appreciate). The rest? I already thought the Evo was one of the smoothest riding race bikes so good on them for improving on that, even by a small margin (the smaller seatpost was to be expected after it's use on the Synapse). The aero improvement is modest, a full aero road bike is already a marginal gain compared to optimizing your pedalling position... but hey, a few watts are a few watts, and with former Cervélo's head designer/engineer coming on board at Cannondale only this winter, his influence will only start to show later on. It does sound like a pretty great overall package that should shine no matter what the road is like. Seems to be an improvement over the old one in all aspects, but it was always going to be hard to improve an already excellent bike by huge margins. I'll stick with my 2013 Black Inc for now.

I think my biggest surprise is... only Shimano builds on the new Evos (and only one SRAM CAAD12 model). I guess Shimano is fighting back in the OEM price war... It's not a bad thing IMO but those who prefer SRAM might not agree.

#11 ·
I think my biggest surprise is... only Shimano builds on the new Evos (and only one SRAM CAAD12 model). I guess Shimano is fighting back in the OEM price war... It's not a bad thing IMO but those who prefer SRAM might not agree.
I don't think that's much of a surprise. The pros aren't running Sram. Marketing caters to what the pros are using.

Of the 17 teams on the 2015 world tour...
13 are running di2
2 are running Super Record EPS
1 Super Record
1 Sram Red

It might not be Shimano's pricing as much the fact that SRAM dropped the ball on having an electronic group for 2015.

#17 ·
I'm staying with Campy for all my Cannondale bikes not making the move. Future plan is getting a new frame build it up with Super Record.

#21 ·
I just ordered a Cobalt Blue Ultegra since it's the cheapest hi-mod (and best color!) and will be building it up with Di2 since SRAM's electric group is nowhere near being released.

Picture of cobalt blue here: AMICI DI BICI
Do you have any info on prices for other 2016 models (complete bikes)? I am particularly interested in the standard SS EVO Ultegra 3 and/or CAAD12 models. In Europe, the 2016 lineup is not available for order yet...

#23 ·
Anyone know whether Cannondale will sell the 2016 Team EVO frame as a frameset? Or do you have to buy the full bike as shown on the site?

#24 ·
I've found the 25.4 not only to be more flexy (as expected) but also the pressure points are concentrated in a smaller area making this seatpost size disappointingly uncomfortable.

27.2mm OD size works best in my experience. It's an optimum size compared to 31.6mm which may be too stiff and the 25.4mm which is a little too flexible and pointy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.