Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous View Post
    I'm I the only one that thinks this 2017 Team frameset color scheme looks kinda yucky?

2016 SuperSix Evo HM Team
    2016 Trek Boone CX
    2014 SuperSix Evo HM Sagan LE (sold)
    2011 SuperSix Hi-Mod (sold)
    2010 Stevens Carbon Cross (sold)
    2010 CAAD8 Cyclocross (sold)
    2009 SuperSix (retired)
    2008 SystemSix (sold)
    2008 SuperSix (retired)
    2006 Six13 (retired)
    2004 Bianchi Giro (sold)

LA CHEVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by zosocane View Post
    I'm I the only one that thinks this 2017 Team frameset color scheme looks kinda yucky?
    Not a fan either... I love the simpler colorways though (like the mostly white one).

DAN GEROUS

: ROAD
    : CYCLOCROSS
    : MOUNTAIN BIKING

RoadBikeReview Member
    Not a fan either... I love the simpler colorways though (like the mostly white one).
    Right. On the team frame, I don't know why they didn't make the entire frame all lime-green. The black fork against the lime-green head tube and down tube doesn't work.

2016 SuperSix Evo HM Team
    2016 Trek Boone CX
    2014 SuperSix Evo HM Sagan LE (sold)
    2011 SuperSix Hi-Mod (sold)
    2010 Stevens Carbon Cross (sold)
    2010 CAAD8 Cyclocross (sold)
    2009 SuperSix (retired)
    2008 SystemSix (sold)
    2008 SuperSix (retired)
    2006 Six13 (retired)
    2004 Bianchi Giro (sold)

LA CHEVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by zosocane View Post
    Right. On the team frame, I don't know why they didn't make the entire frame all lime-green. The black fork against the lime-green head tube and down tube doesn't work.
    I don't mind the black fork (the back of it is colored green so in real life, it works better), for me it's those lines behind the headtube that don't work, especially as they start from a round shape at the front that doesn't match the lines of the frame. But some love it so to each his own.

DAN GEROUS

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    This has me way intrigued AND I sold my Specialized Allez Sprint to a guy from Germany recently. I really like the look of the (most affordable) Ultegra Disc version. I think I am with you guys on this one, particularly if I can spring for the eTap disc version as well....
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    In Action:

Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gaff View Post
    and looks like they have put 160mm rotors on the Mechanical Ultegra and 140mm on di2.
    All EVO Disc bikes have 160mm front rotors!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    The new Evos (disc and rim brake models) are now posted on cannondale's website. Some are already in shops, others apparently in July-september (will the new Dura-Ace 9100 be?)...

The disc models are a bit... mid-range. But I think we may get more high-end models in 2017. SRAM eTap HydroHC was announced but details will only come at Eurobike and the Disc version of the new Dura-Ace wont ship for a few months... I heard there would be both rim and disc brakes versions at each build levels eventually.

I sold my Evo Black Inc last week... now I'm juggling with the idea of getting one now but selling all the parts to rebuild it custom, or buy a frameset if available, or wait to see if more interesting builds show up later. Hmmmm...
    Photoshopped but nonetheless...

Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Disc Team 2017 Road Bike from Wheelies

LA CHEVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by SynSyn View Post
    Not photoshopped...

2017 SuperSix EVO 2 Disc-13640997_10154202075433820_5678458292513889599_o.jpg

DAN GEROUS

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    Not photoshopped...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13640997_10154202075433820_5678458292513889599_o.jpg 
Views:	4758 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	316328
    WoW! Where? How much?

LA CHEVRE
    WoW! Where? How much?
    That picture was taken back when Cannondale was showing the new models to dealers a few weeks/months ago... I don't have any info on availability, but shops should be able to find out by now... although last time I spoke to my local dealer, they still weren't sure if DA builds would ship with the old 9070 series derailleurs and non-series brakes and levers as this sample bike is, or the new 9170 complete DA group... If they ship with the new DA, the Di2 and Di2 disc models (the ones not listed on cannondale.com yet, both Team replicas and both Black Inc.) wont be available until after the new year as Shimano wont ship them until into 2017, mechanical rim 9100 might be available in October... maybe.

As for pricing, it depends where you live. Here in Canada, prices have gone up a lot for 2017. Not sure if Cannondale prices have gone up, if it's the parts suppliers that raised prices or if it's the canadian dollar value that borderlines nothing these days... or all of the above. I saw a few prices but didn't check for this particular model.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 09-27-2016 at 10:00 AM.

DAN GEROUS

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    That picture was taken back when Cannondale was showing the new models to dealers a few weeks/months ago... I don't have any info on availability, but shops should be able to find out by now... although last time I spoke to my local dealer, they still weren't sure if DA builds would ship with the old 9070 series derailleurs and non-series brakes and levers as this sample bike is, or the new 9170 complete DA group... If they ship with the new DA, the Di2 and Di2 disc models (the ones not listed on cannondale.com yet, both Team replicas and both Black Inc.) wont be available until after the new year as Shimano wont ship them until into 2017, mechanical rim 9100 might be available in October... maybe.

As for pricing, it depends where you live. Here in Canada, prices have gone up a lot for 2017. Not sure if Cannondale prices have gone up, if it's the parts suppliers that raised prices or if it's the canadian dollar value that borderlines nothing these days... or all of the above. I saw a few prices but didn't check for this particular model.
    Dan, I believe you have experience with both the Synapse and the SuperSix Evo. I own the former in Hi-Mod Disc version, which I have managed to bring down to 7.2 kg sans pedals; I ride a size 54 with a -17 deg. slammed stem. I am quite fit and ride "aggressively" and I am happy with the bike. Will I notice a difference/improvement if I get myself the new SuperSiX Evo Hi-Mod Disc? Is it worth investing the money or will the difference be mostly aesthetic? Thanks in advance for replying.

LA CHEVRE
    Dan, I believe you have experience with both the Synapse and the SuperSix Evo. I own the former in Hi-Mod Disc version, which I have managed to bring down to 7.2 kg sans pedals; I ride a size 54 with a -17 deg. slammed stem. I am quite fit and ride "aggressively" and I am happy with the bike. Will I notice a difference/improvement if I get myself the new SuperSiX Evo Hi-Mod Disc? Is it worth investing the money or will the difference be mostly aesthetic? Thanks in advance for replying.
    I was wondering the same thing!

Assuming you can replicate the same fit on the Evo (should be easy without needing a -17 stem), you should see 3 differences, how big they are is another question.

1. Lighter weight. The Evo Disc frame and fork will be lighter, not by 1kg though, my guess is about 250-400gr less depending on sizes and colors so nothing incredible IMO.

2. Aeroness. The Evo will slip into the wind easier than the Synapse. The aero tweaks of the new Evo are small compared to the old one but compared to the Synapse, probably more significant as the Synapse's big tubes and the fork that is flattened with it's wide side against the wind makes it one of the least aero bike Cannondale ever had. Again, does it matter? It's marginal gains, if you find yourself riding at 40+km/h often maybe it's important, if not, it may not matter much. Given you have such a low front setup, you probably know the body position is the best way to gain an aero advantage, much more important than frames and wheels... Plus, one of my personnal gripes with Cannondale is that they always ship with very wide handlebars. I recently change my bars on the Synapse, I went almost 4cm narrower, that also helps cheat the wind.

3. Quicker geometry. The Evo has shorter chainstays and wheelbase and more aggressive angles and steering so it's a quicker handling bike, more nervous feeling but not to the point it's twitchy, it's still stable but it can change direction a bit quicker and it takes a little less effort to do so. Again here, better or worse, it depends of your riding style... but I would rate both has having very predictable and precise geometries, the Synapse is just a tad slower which makes it a little bit more stable on rougher roads or when just riding easy while chatting on a coffee ride for exemple. The Synapse has a marginally lower BB if I recall, again to help stability but the Evo can be leaned a tad lower into corners... or you can start pedalling quicker out of corners.

My experience of the Evo is with the old one, not the 2016-2017 but concerning confort, I may not be the best to judge as I never had a problem riding all day even on old super stiff alloy frames... But to me, with the same tires, the added smoothness of the Synapse was there but I never thought it was that much better than the Evo. The old Evo was already a very smooth and confortable bike if you ask me. The new one is supposedly even more confortable so I think it must be close to the Synapse, unless you use tires bigger than 700x28. The old Evo couldn't fit anything bigger than most 25's, the new one can fit 28's... but the Synapse can go to 30-32's and that's probably where it can gain most of it's confort advantage.

Also, the old Evo was less stiff around the BB and laterally than the Synapse is, that was obvious from the first ride when I got on the Synapse. This an area the new Evo has caught up, much better stiffness around the BB. That BB stiffness was probably the only flaw of the old Evo... I'm splitting hair here, it wasn't flexy, it was just an area they had room to improve, and it seems they did.

I thought about making the switch to a Evo Disc as I never put tires bigger than 28's on my Synapse but I prefer the Evo's geometry and see the weight and aero gains, taken together, as a good improvement to me. But for now, I don't think the investment is worth it. I love my Synapse and I'm not liking the currently available Evo Disc stock specs. Stock, even the lightest Evo Disc is not lighter than my Synapse, a Evo HiMod Disc Ui2 size 56 is 7.5kg sans pedals... this may change once the Evo Disc with higher end specs are released (Black Inc and Team Replicas)... but then, not sure my budget will like these.

I sold my Evo earlier this summer, but mostly because it was a bit too big for my taste, it was a 56 but I prefer a 54... And the Synapse is such a great do-it-all bike and still a very quick, agile and fun endurance bike (the pre-2014 Synapse and many other endurance bikes feel too dead and slow IMO, they often feel like hybrids with drop bars) that I'm okay with just that... for now.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 10-05-2016 at 10:01 AM.

DAN GEROUS

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    Hey Dan, thank you for the thorough reply and apologies for taking me that long to reply. I agree with your analysis, as much as I can tell theoretically, but the proof is in the pudding. So I sold my Synapse HiMod Disc and ordered a HiMod S6E Disc, to be delivered sometime next week. After a substantial upgrade all over, I'll post some pics.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2014
    I got my SuperSix Disc Hi-Mod Ultegra Di2 on Friday. One thing I found curious was the build I got was different then all the marketing photos on the website. Specifically, seatpost was not the SAVE carbon post, but a standard C2 post. Also, the handlebar/stem were supposed to be C1 with integrated garmin mount but I got C2 on both without the garmin mount. Also, in all the marketing pics the discs were RT99 Freeze discs but instead I got standard RT81 discs. Not quite sure what happened2017 SuperSix EVO 2 Disc-20161030_230407276_ios.jpg

LA CHEVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty2341 View Post
    I got my SuperSix Disc Hi-Mod Ultegra Di2 on Friday. One thing I found curious was the build I got was different then all the marketing photos on the website. Specifically, seatpost was not the SAVE carbon post, but a standard C2 post. Also, the handlebar/stem were supposed to be C1 with integrated garmin mount but I got C2 on both without the garmin mount. Also, in all the marketing pics the discs were RT99 Freeze discs but instead I got standard RT81 discs. Not quite sure what happened
    A few things.

Marketing photos are either photoshopped before the production bikes are available, for exemple, the Evo eTap catalog photos have a Di2 wire connecting the rear mech! Or, they exist but are needed for photo shoots before the final specs are 100% decided so they're built with different parts that might change for production models. Even the bikes journalists try at bike launches are usually pre-production samples so, not always built with the final specs.

Canadian specs say a C2 post... That's just an exemple to underline specs can vary depending from one country/market to the next, so make sure you check the right country's spec sheet.

Otherwise, sometimes they change parts if something is not available for too long or if there is an issue with a certain part. For exemple, despite what Shimano says, 140mm RT99 rotors on the front are known to be a bit too easy to overheat (I know from experience), I've heard Cannondale might spec 160mm front ones from now on, despite the marketing photos being 140mm.

Now, I'm not sure what's the case here, you should ask your dealer about it, they should be able to tell you why and try to make you happy.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 10-30-2016 at 05:10 PM.

DAN GEROUS

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Evo's come with 160 front stock.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    -----
    Last edited by SynSyn; 11-10-2016 at 03:12 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    when is this model going to be available for purchase?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    2017 SuperSix EVO 2 Disc-img_0297.jpg
    It is already available, at least in Europe. And it is just so good!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    being super-fussy the drive-side thru-axle lever bothers me.
    i thought all thru-axles always tend to thread in from the disc side?

anyone know what thread pitch CNDLE are using for the fork?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by gaff View Post
    being super-fussy the drive-side thru-axle lever bothers me.
    i thought all thru-axles always tend to thread in from the disc side?

anyone know what thread pitch CNDLE are using for the fork?
    I'm using Rockshox Maxle Ultimate 12x100mm, M12x1,50

https://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/maxle-ultimate

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012
    Does anyone know if the green frame model (which I think looks awesome) is available in Australia?

Also are there any changes for the 2018 model bikes?

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    I'm sorry if this has been discussed. What is the weight penalty from evo hi mod to non?
    Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12