RoadBikeReview Member

25mm Conti 4000 on CAAD5 + Time SI carbon fork

As per title.

Im building up a CAAD 5 R3000si and just wondered if anyone had managed to fit a 25mm tyre on that fram and fork. Ive been riding steel for years now and when a friend offered up a nearly new CAAD 5 thought a return to US Alu rig would be a good idea for a few years (something rigid and light BUT not carbon basically).

Any input ?
    Good bicycles turn effort into emotion.
    They provide the means to reach, and sometimes exceed, your potential.
    On a fine bike you can ride better than you ever thought possible and catch glimpses of extraordinary athletic prowess you didnít realize you had.
    The experience is inspirational and addictive.
    You long to sustain it.

~ jim langley

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    This isn't an exact answer to your question, but I currently have Conti GP4000s 25mm tires on my 2001 CAAD4 with Slice prodigy fork. Absolutely no issues with frame or fork clearance. The tires were very close vertically to the brake caliper arms, but I switched from the Tektro brakes I had, to Shimano 6500 calipers and I had much more clearance.

Also, the latest Conti GP4000S 25's seem really wide. Much wider than 25mm Vittorias or Michelins I've had recently.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Conti 4000s in 25mm are what I had in mind. Brakes calipers will be record titanium (last model before the skeleton). Put a wheel shod with 23mm vredestein fortezza and am worrying a 25mm is going to be a tight squeeze :S
    Good bicycles turn effort into emotion.
    They provide the means to reach, and sometimes exceed, your potential.
    On a fine bike you can ride better than you ever thought possible and catch glimpses of extraordinary athletic prowess you didnít realize you had.
    The experience is inspirational and addictive.
    You long to sustain it.

~ jim langley

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    I have those tires on my System Six with Cannondale Carbon (wrapped) brakes and they just fit. I run 110psi in the rear (I'm a clydesdale) and it works. Also serves as tire scraper