RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012

cannondale R600 (2003)

Good morning,
    Was trying to get some feedback from you all as I am new to cycling. I was thinking of buying a 2003, 60 cm Cannondale R600 with upgraded Ultegra components and new tires (bike has been well maintained). I am 190 lbs and 6'0. It includes a comp as well to calculate distance. I just have to buy my own pedals for it.

Any thoughts on whether $500 is a good price for this and if this bike is a good fit for me? Thanks so much

T K
    wasssabi
    Price seems a bit high on a bike that old. Also I'm pretty sure that bike is a bit big for you. At 6'0, if you really are, most people are not as tall as they think they are, you should be on a 56 or 58cm.
    I would not buy that bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bmr2677 View Post
    Good morning,
    Was trying to get some feedback from you all as I am new to cycling. I was thinking of buying a 2003, 60 cm Cannondale R600 with upgraded Ultegra components and new tires (bike has been well maintained). I am 190 lbs and 6'0. It includes a comp as well to calculate distance. I just have to buy my own pedals for it.

Any thoughts on whether $500 is a good price for this and if this bike is a good fit for me? Thanks so much
    Go ride the cannondale, see how it fits, and how it feels, if its clean and the ultegra stuff is up to date, buy it, they are great bikes and seem to hold their value, especially the made in America stuff. I have an R700 and it handles my 200 lbs well, I did upgrade to 700x25s. Mine is a little smallish, but it rides much better than my buddys, Trek 5.2.