Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    155

    EVO frame colors

    Cannondale, if you're listening, please offer the EVO frame (only) in the matte black. White or Team (also white) aren't exactly great options. I've owned six Cannondales, but am considering going to Specialized because I'm not spending $3500 on a frame color I can't stand. End ran/plea.

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,895
    Cannondale Ultimate frame is in matte black not sure if they will offer that version as frame only or complete bike, other choice is the Di2 frame comes in matte black with white decals, Traumamd had this bike and it's pretty sharp looking bike.
    My next vehicle would be a zamboni
    2012 Super Six (Chorus 11)
    2011 Super Six Team edition (Super Record 11)
    2009 Super Six HM (Super Record 11)
    2007 Systems Six (Record 10)
    2008 Caad 9 (Centaur 10)
    2004 Caad 7 ( sold )
    2000 Caad 3 ( sold )

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    457
    haha yes, I'm sure Cannondale chose their current colours JUST to piss you off, newridr.

  4. #4
    Velocipediologist
    Reputation: metoou2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Cannondale Ultimate frame is in matte black not sure if they will offer that version as frame only or complete bike, other choice is the Di2 frame comes in matte black with white decals, Traumamd had this bike and it's pretty sharp looking bike.
    The EVO frameset is ONLY being offered in the 'Team' and the 'White' colors. That's what the OP was saying.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by newridr View Post
    Cannondale, if you're listening, please offer the EVO frame (only) in the matte black. White or Team (also white) aren't exactly great options. I've owned six Cannondales, but am considering going to Specialized because I'm not spending $3500 on a frame color I can't stand. End ran/plea.
    +1. Give us the 2010 Himod supesix look back.

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
    haha yes, I'm sure Cannondale chose their current colours JUST to piss you off, newridr.
    Not saying they did it to piss anyone off. Just making the point that most people buying high end bikes start with frames and build them out as they want. $12K is a **** load for a bike, but especially so for one that doesn't have most of the components I want.

    Most every other manufacturer sell their frames in all the colors they produce. In the end, isn't it about getting people on your bike?

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    127
    I gotta agree with newridr. I am getting to the spot where I can get a dream bike and the Evo doesn't come in the color I want or with the group I want.......

    Yes it may be vanity, but if I am spending more on a bike than I spent on my Harley......I should get my choice I think..

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    43
    Not sure where your guys are shopping but my LBS can get all the colors as frames.

  9. #9
    Velocipediologist
    Reputation: metoou2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by joco View Post
    Not sure where your guys are shopping but my LBS can get all the colors as frames.
    really? Please post the name of the shop or send me a PM.

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by metoou2 View Post
    really? Please post the name of the shop or send me a PM.
    Sure... the shop is Freshbikes. They are in Virginia. At the very least (if they can't get the frame you want at the moment) I think they would get the bike and strip the parts off....

  11. #11
    Velocipediologist
    Reputation: metoou2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by joco View Post
    Sure... the shop is Freshbikes. They are in Virginia. At the very least (if they can't get the frame you want at the moment) I think they would get the bike and strip the parts off....
    Getting the bike of your color choice and the shop stripping it makes sense. As far as getting what ever color you want from Cannondale in a pristine un-built condition isn't going to happen for the normal John Q. Public customer.

    Sales guys / gals can do that sort of thing on a very limited basis if they are doing favors for shop owners. Maybe a shop owner has a customer who drops a ton of cash or the shop owner wants it for themselves. But consumers can't walk into a dealership and order up an un-built frame in the color of their choice.

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by metoou2 View Post
    Getting the bike of your color choice and the shop stripping it makes sense. As far as getting what ever color you want from Cannondale in a pristine un-built condition isn't going to happen for the normal John Q. Public customer.

    Sales guys / gals can do that sort of thing on a very limited basis if they are doing favors for shop owners. Maybe a shop owner has a customer who drops a ton of cash or the shop owner wants it for themselves. But consumers can't walk into a dealership and order up an un-built frame in the color of their choice.
    I disagree... it all depends on the shop you are dealing with. I've seen manufacturers do things you would never expect for shops that are their TOP shops. And in this case Freshbikes is one of Cannondales top shops.

  13. #13
    Velocipediologist
    Reputation: metoou2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by joco View Post
    I disagree... it all depends on the shop you are dealing with. I've seen manufacturers do things you would never expect for shops that are their TOP shops. And in this case Freshbikes is one of Cannondales top shops.
    You don't get it. Call Cannondale in Bedford and ask them what frame colors you can get for the EVO.

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    43
    I understand what your saying.

    But have a top dealer call Cannondale and have them tell them they need a certain color. They'll get it

    Just for example Freshbikes has their own Cannondale model that isnt available in any other store.

  15. #15
    Velocipediologist
    Reputation: metoou2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by joco View Post
    I understand what your saying.

    But have a top dealer call Cannondale and have them tell them they need a certain color. They'll get it

    Just for example Freshbikes has their own Cannondale model that isnt available in any other store.
    You and I are saying the same thing. The BIG BOYS can get favors. That's exactly what I said in the beginning. But the BIG shops aren't in every town in America. And customers with cash to throw around aren't everywhere walking the streets.
    So..................like I said, average Joe Pedestrian is going to be limited to the EVO colors that Cannondale will sell to their shop.

    As far as having their own model that is exclusive to Fresh Bikes? It is an EVO painted in the Fresh Bikes own color scheme. It is not a unique MODEL of the EVO frame.
    And what you are describing isn't unique and it doesn't give Fresh Bikes any clout with Cannondale. Fresh Bikes had to pay for those frames and paint jobs just like any other Cannondale shop trying to buy EVO's.
    Shops with their own paint scheme;
    Incycle Calif
    Helen's Calif
    Erics Minnesota
    Schelegel Oklahoma
    and NO doubt others I haven't discovered yet.

    Teams with their one paint jobs;
    LaGrange S. Calif
    and the list of teams is really big!
    Teams actually have some weight to throw around and get a super discount on their gear.

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by metoou2 View Post
    You and I are saying the same thing. The BIG BOYS can get favors. That's exactly what I said in the beginning. But the BIG shops aren't in every town in America. And customers with cash to throw around aren't everywhere walking the streets.
    So..................like I said, average Joe Pedestrian is going to be limited to the EVO colors that Cannondale will sell to their shop.

    As far as having their own model that is exclusive to Fresh Bikes? It is an EVO painted in the Fresh Bikes own color scheme. It is not a unique MODEL of the EVO frame.
    And what you are describing isn't unique and it doesn't give Fresh Bikes any clout with Cannondale. Fresh Bikes had to pay for those frames and paint jobs just like any other Cannondale shop trying to buy EVO's.
    Shops with their own paint scheme;
    Incycle Calif
    Helen's Calif
    Erics Minnesota
    Schelegel Oklahoma
    and NO doubt others I haven't discovered yet.

    Teams with their one paint jobs;
    LaGrange S. Calif
    and the list of teams is really big!
    Teams actually have some weight to throw around and get a super discount on their gear.
    OMG.. Im sorry but unless you know the exact shop you speak of... please do not jump to conclusions. The specific bike I am speaking does not have a custom paint job, its actually a try custom model... sure its the same frame but the parts build is completely unavailable elsewhere.

    And you're wrong... the average Joe can call this shop or any shop and order from a bike from them... heck they do it all the time.

    All I am trying to point out is that if you want a bike from Cannondale or any other manufacturer... call the shops that are known to sell a lot of that brand... and they will be able to accommodate them.

    Just look at the shop in Utah that can sell online, yet very few other shops can. There is waaaay more to the behind the scenes deal making than what most people realize.

  17. #17
    Velocipediologist
    Reputation: metoou2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,253
    Joco.
    I'm done. Your arguments and logic paths are deviating wildly.
    The shop on-line (Infinite Cycles) is the first of it's kind for Cannondale product and won't be the last.

  18. #18
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    127
    Well my LBS cant order frames and that is all that really matters to me in my little world.

    And was there really an "OMG" thrown out in a discussion about $5500 plus bicycles???? I have officially seen it all.

  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    139
    Wait, so a bike shop that is a cannon dale dealer still may not be able to order an EVO?
    2012 CAAD 8 105

  20. #20
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    127
    EVO complete bike....yes. EVO frame...no

  21. #21
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by ddhartzell View Post
    EVO complete bike....yes. EVO frame...no
    What do you mean by frame..no?
    My next vehicle would be a zamboni
    2012 Super Six (Chorus 11)
    2011 Super Six Team edition (Super Record 11)
    2009 Super Six HM (Super Record 11)
    2007 Systems Six (Record 10)
    2008 Caad 9 (Centaur 10)
    2004 Caad 7 ( sold )
    2000 Caad 3 ( sold )

  22. #22
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by ddhartzell View Post
    EVO complete bike....yes. EVO frame...no
    And why is that?
    2012 CAAD 8 105

  23. #23
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    318
    Any official Cannondale dealer has privilege to order frames as well as full bikes.

  24. #24
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    139
    Thats what one would think.

    I own a baby furniture business and i can order anything i want from our manufactures, They never tell me that i can order a whole set of furniture (crib, and multiple dressers) but not the individual pieces.
    2012 CAAD 8 105

  25. #25
    LA CHEVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,287
    Quote Originally Posted by ddhartzell View Post
    EVO complete bike....yes. EVO frame...no
    Any Cannondale dealer can order frames, if some shops wont do it, it's because they dont want to, not because they can't.

    DAN GEROUS

    : ROAD
    : CYCLOCROSS
    : MOUNTAIN BIKING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

EUROBIKE

Hot Deals

Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook