Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Post your Cannondale pics here!

1M views 3K replies 815 participants last post by  Cowpokey 
#1 ·
Over the weekend I finally decided to test ride a few cannondales, even though I ordered a blue r5000 in february. Well, it turns out I need a 56cm and I ordered a 58cm. The dealer called Monday morning to change the order to a 56 and was told the 58 had just shipped. He is willing to send it back so no harm there but the 56 isn't expected to arrive until the end of april :( . Post some pics to hold me over until then.

#5 ·
"I HAVE TO GET AN UPDATED PICTURE ASAP"

I really have to get an updated picture here is my 04 R1000, this picture was taken the same day I got it, I have since upgraded a couple of things (carbon seatpost, pedals), I will take a better picture of it probably tonight or tomorrow, because I just recieved my 05 C'dale Prophet. I'll take pictures of and post them, by the way all you guys haven very nice bikes

#6 ·
are you running the Compact SLK crankset?

Hey beergood,

Are you running the 50-36 FSA compact with Dura Ace 10 speed? How does it shift? Any problems with your set up? There were so many threads about this a while back but I think the posters were just not setting up there derailleurs correctly.

BTW, nice look'n bike! I was torn between the new R5000 and the 04 R3000 that I just bought but ebay won out again as I found a hell of a deal on the R3000. I do love my new dale though.

Brian, I hope you get yours soon brother.

Also, how are you all posting your pics. I thought you had to post a link to a webserver like webshots or something?

Sean

#8 ·
SFG said:
Hey beergood,

Are you running the 50-36 FSA compact with Dura Ace 10 speed? How does it shift? Any problems with your set up? There were so many threads about this a while back but I think the posters were just not setting up there derailleurs correctly.

BTW, nice look'n bike! I was torn between the new R5000 and the 04 R3000 that I just bought but ebay won out again as I found a hell of a deal on the R3000. I do love my new dale though.

Brian, I hope you get yours soon brother.

Also, how are you all posting your pics. I thought you had to post a link to a webserver like webshots or something?

Sean
Nope, 53-39. I heard weird things about the compacts also.

#9 ·
My C'Dale

2004 R2000 52cm
-Fizik Arione
-USE Alien carbon seatpost
-Speedplay Zero pedal (CSC edition)
-Reynolds carbon fiber bottle holders
-Hutchinson tires (CSC Team edition)
-Sigma Sport 1600 computer (stem mounted)
-Pedalsoft Trifecta system (stem, aero bars, elbow rests)
-Pedalsoft Saga bar

#11 · (Edited)

I finally got it. Size 56 weighs in @ 18.08lbs with pedals, cages, and computer. I'm very impressed by this bike, especially for the price. It would be easy to upgrade to get the weight even lower if needed. Heck, you could add AM sprint 350's and lose almost an entire pound. It's a great bike and it's blue, what more could I ask for. :D

Oh yeah, and the seat is really great. I'll be able to do a better review after I get the saddle position and handlebar position exactly right and get some more miles on the bike

#13 ·
Bought a R800 Caad5 from LBS as "new old stock". Parted the bike out and sold everything but frame, stem and forks on ebay. Minus ebay fees, it ended up costing me $150 bucks for frame, stem, forks. Otherwise, bike is full Ultegra, Kysrium Elite, Ritchey WCS bars, Speedplay pedals, Bontrager X Lite carbon post. Brooks saddle, Cateye Astrale 8 computer. Nice bike for my needs.

#18 ·
This is an old SR300. Got it for $150 at a swap meet last year. The previous owner pitched a fit about downtubes, so the shop guy rigged up this stupid thing with old thumbshifters on the bartops, which are a PITA. Not to worry, I'll be soon changing them back to DTs.

#25 ·
Cipollini Cannondale

This is the next "project" for me, perhaps my "lightweight project bike" (the Kestrel fork to be replaced with a full carbon fork). The frame weigh 3.0 lbs, perhaps a bit beefier than regular Cannondales from 1996? It's a made for Mario Cipollini Cannondale, how cool is that? It's white with a gold flash, looks spectacular in sunlight.

#26 ·
My baby...

R700... only changes from stock are:

Wider bars (fit)
Speedplay Frog Pedals (love em)
Tacx Tao Cages/Tacx Bottles
Specialzed Turbo Elite cycloputer
Saddle bag

I don't plan on doing anything to it other than regular maintinence at this point. If anything all my money is going towards clothes..

#27 ·
Emilio84, I see you choose the gray color - I was reading your thread re: choice of color.
It looks great, I think the other colors look great too.
How do you like the bike? I'm looking at the same bike to replace my Felt F80, which is a size too large. Do you mind telling me how much you paid for the bike? Thanks and enjoy.