RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012

Upgrade frame from CAAD8-->10?

I am currently on a 2006 C-dale CAAD 8 Optimo 58cm. All components are upgraded and will be swapped over to the new frame.
    I have been getting the itch to upgrade the frame. My budget is about $800ish for a used frame.

I like stiff bikes, Im 6'4" 200+lbs. My shape really gets along with C-dale. Naturally im looking at the CAAD 10 frame.

Has anyone made this upgrade, or tested both frame at a LBS? Is it significantly stiffer, lighter, faster, rocket boosters? Anyone my size on a C-dale carbon they can recommend over the CAAD 8 and CAD 10 in terms of stiffness?

I know CAAD 8 is a great setup, and i am not looking to upgrade because i have a problem with it. I just have that "something new and shiny" itch.

The closest LBS to me that carries C-dale is over an hour away, no one in my group rides one either, so no real test rides for me.

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    I have not, but have you tried any searches? They might be give you an indication of the differences.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    The only stuff the search has turned up is people who are deciding between buying one or the other. I have yet to find someone who has owned CAAD 8 and has ridden a CAAD 10.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    If upgrading to a CAAD10 gives you happiness and makes you want to ride more, do it. Your money does nothing but depreciates in the bank (provided that you are not living from paycheck to paycheck)

I have an Alloy Synapse, then I got the "something new and shinny itch" as well and bought a Caad10 (Whole bike) in the same year. The Caad10 is noticeably lighter and a lot more "nimble"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thats not really an upgrade. I actually have a 2011 caad10 58cm and would be willing to possibly trade frames with you as long as the frame is in excellent shape. Where you located?
    2012 CAAD10 4