Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

2013 R3 Cervelo

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MercRidnMike 
#1 · (Edited)
Now that the 2014 R3's are out what would a good price on a new 2013 R3 model that would make it worth buying it over the 2014 since its been redesigned?

update...found a good deal on one! :)
But
Still thinking on going with a 2014 model....oh well...

#3 · (Edited)
Well...took them (13 & 14 R3) both out for a test ride, frankly not impressed with either one. My S2 is a nicer bike in many respects for me. Plus the new 2014 S2 (did not ride it) I do not like the thin stays on the bike, looks odd for that bike my .02. So sticking with my S2 and saved a bunch of cash I guess.

I'm sure new wheels and some tweaks would have improved the R3 from stock too....but meh. Also took a CAAD 10 out. More effort to maintain and slower then an S2. Softer ride though which I expected.

#4 ·
Changes in bike design tend to be evolutionary not revolutionary, regardless of manufacturer not that much typically changes from year to year. But I do hear you. I think we tend to favor what we own versus the new one. For years I decided my Trek 5200 was better than what came after. I justified that belief by noticing they were blending Ultegra with 105 on the set-up and moving production East. I've already decided the c-59 will be better than the C-60 due to BB30 adoption.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.