Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 842
  1. #51
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    73

    Just got my R3-SL today, I like

    I decided to make a jump for the R3-SL after my dealer was having a 25% off the 2007 line, prior to the price increase. I brought the components with me. Not bad I have to say, its so light. Added the Fizik Carbon Ti saddle and Look Keo Carbon Ti Pedals. Think its in the mid 15's...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cervelo Photo Album...Post Your pride & Joy-dsc_1668.jpg  

  2. #52
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    575
    Here is mine!
    Last edited by veloci1; 01-21-2008 at 09:01 PM.
    2014 EVO Di2, 7970 Di2
    2017 Shimano PD-9100 Pedals
    2012 Shimano7970 Di2
    2014 Centric Carbon Clinchers, 38mm and 60mm
    Second set of whees: Shimano 7900 C35 tubulars

  3. #53
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    73
    Veloci...that is beautiful!
    What size it? How much does she weigh?
    How do you like those Easton wheels?

  4. #54
    Shut up legs!
    Reputation: Kenacycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,282
    I upgraded a few items on the bike and now it looks even better now
    Last edited by Kenacycle; 12-14-2007 at 04:34 PM.

  5. #55
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    575
    Mr. Iroc Z
    it is a 56 cm, weights about 16 lbs. a little heavier than my R3. my R3 was 14.9. but, i do not mind the extra weight. i love the way this bikes handles and looks.

    the EC90 are fast ,stiff yet comfortable. i wish they were a little lighter. they are about 1375 or so. i have a set of Lighweights that i was going to use, but, i am going to sell them. too expensive to replace. it would be easier to replace a spoke on the EC90's than it would the lightweights.
    2014 EVO Di2, 7970 Di2
    2017 Shimano PD-9100 Pedals
    2012 Shimano7970 Di2
    2014 Centric Carbon Clinchers, 38mm and 60mm
    Second set of whees: Shimano 7900 C35 tubulars

  6. #56
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    62
    Had this baby for 4 months now... and I really love this bike!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cervelo Photo Album...Post Your pride & Joy-dsc00189.jpg  

  7. #57
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    37

    My P3C

    Here's mine. I love this bike!

    I hope I got the photo upload right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cervelo Photo Album...Post Your pride & Joy-image0001.jpg  

  8. #58
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24
    just picked mine up from the shop and posted a pic in my thread below...here's another!

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

  9. #59
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 7.62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    75
    That's a beauty, trek_FL. I hope to own a P3C next year.

  10. #60
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    37

    thanks 7.62

    I sold my Trek5200 and a few other worldly possessions for it-- but no regrets. The aero thing really is something. Where I notice it most is in headwinds--where I used to really drop off on speed, I may only lose a few mph in a strong wind, incredible!

  11. #61
    FUBAR
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1

    2008 R3

    My new 2008 R3


  12. #62
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    66
    Here's my baby:

  13. #63
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    303
    boysa, Can you elaborate on the ride quality

  14. #64
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: thedips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    578
    new parts new pics! yaayy




    Last edited by thedips; 12-04-2007 at 04:56 PM.
    LOOK / CERVELO / BRIDGESTONE / TREK / BMC / COLNAGO

  15. #65
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    66
    thedips, that looks sweet!

  16. #66
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    62

    SLC-SL Ride Quality

    HBPUNK... sorry for the delay... here goes:

    My first impression upon riding the SLC-SL was just how "fast" it felt. What I mean is how effortless it was to get up to speed and then keep it there. Before I knew it I was FLYING, and it seemed so easy to just simply keep turning the pedals over.

    My second impression was how "quick" the bike felt. Here I mean how nimble the bike felt cornering and the incredibly quick response when jumping out of the saddle and punching it in a sprint. The bike handles so well, sometimes it's actually a little scary just how fast you can descend.

    My third impression was "Holy Cow can this bike climb!" For a bike supposedly designed for it's aerodynamic abilities, I was speechless at how every ounce of energy I put into the bike while ascending seemed to go directly to the wheels. I consider myself more of a climber than anything else, and this bike has not disappointed. It's been a little over 5 months now and I'm still excited every time I mount up. It's a blast!!

    Now, to be honest... I will say it is not the most compliant frame out there. Not by a long shot. This is a stiff racing machine. Even so, I've had no problem logging long miles several days a week. I put a lot of time and thought into this frame, and I definitely think I made the right decision.

    SLC-SL (51)
    Full Record Gruppo 50/34 -- 11/23
    Fulcrum Racing Zero Wheelset
    Fizik Arione
    FSA WingPro Compact
    Deda Newton Stem
    Look Keo Carbon Pedals
    BTP carbon cages

  17. #67
    FIRESTARTER
    Reputation: Spear Legweak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by boysa
    HBPUNK... sorry for the delay... here goes:

    My first impression upon riding the SLC-SL was just how "fast" it felt. What I mean is how effortless it was to get up to speed and then keep it there. Before I knew it I was FLYING, and it seemed so easy to just simply keep turning the pedals over.

    My second impression was how "quick" the bike felt. Here I mean how nimble the bike felt cornering and the incredibly quick response when jumping out of the saddle and punching it in a sprint. The bike handles so well, sometimes it's actually a little scary just how fast you can descend.

    My third impression was "Holy Cow can this bike climb!" For a bike supposedly designed for it's aerodynamic abilities, I was speechless at how every ounce of energy I put into the bike while ascending seemed to go directly to the wheels. I consider myself more of a climber than anything else, and this bike has not disappointed. It's been a little over 5 months now and I'm still excited every time I mount up. It's a blast!!

    Now, to be honest... I will say it is not the most compliant frame out there. Not by a long shot. This is a stiff racing machine. Even so, I've had no problem logging long miles several days a week. I put a lot of time and thought into this frame, and I definitely think I made the right decision.

    SLC-SL (51)
    Full Record Gruppo 50/34 -- 11/23
    Fulcrum Racing Zero Wheelset
    Fizik Arione
    FSA WingPro Compact
    Deda Newton Stem
    Look Keo Carbon Pedals
    BTP carbon cages
    Or in other words "the carbon fiber construction and layup yielded a frame that was laterally stiff yet vertically compliant"-BikeSnobNYC. http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2007...-shootout.html
    "handles corners like a prostitute"- Bike Snob NYC

    "He who dies with the most toys...still dies"- Bumper Sticker

  18. #68
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Spear Legweak
    Or in other words "the carbon fiber construction and layup yielded a frame that was laterally stiff yet vertically compliant"-BikeSnobNYC. http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2007...-shootout.html
    ROFL... but, what boysa said is exactly how I felt and still do feel about my SLC-SL.

  19. #69
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    47
    My '08 Cervelo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cervelo Photo Album...Post Your pride & Joy-cf000587slc-sl.jpg  
    Last edited by CerveloDude; 12-05-2007 at 06:09 PM.

  20. #70
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    47
    My '08 SLC-SL

    15.3 Pounds

    FSA Compact Carbon Bars
    Full DuraAce
    Fiz'ik Arione Tri 2 Saddle
    Alpha QS 30 Fork
    Crank Brothers Egg Beaters Ti Pedals
    Zipp 404 Tubies
    Zipp Water Bottle Frames
    Continental GP4000S Tubular Tires
    Cycleops Computer / Powertap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cervelo Photo Album...Post Your pride & Joy-cf000587slc-sl.jpg  
    Last edited by CerveloDude; 12-05-2007 at 06:03 PM.

  21. #71
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    575
    Cervelo Dude, nice set up. btw, what is that above the brake caliper in the back? spare tire rolled up? light?
    Also, what made you decide to go with the Alpha Q fork? i am thinking about going that way after all the potential issues with the Wolf SL.
    2014 EVO Di2, 7970 Di2
    2017 Shimano PD-9100 Pedals
    2012 Shimano7970 Di2
    2014 Centric Carbon Clinchers, 38mm and 60mm
    Second set of whees: Shimano 7900 C35 tubulars

  22. #72
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by veloci1
    Cervelo Dude, nice set up. btw, what is that above the brake caliper in the back? spare tire rolled up? light?
    Also, what made you decide to go with the Alpha Q fork? i am thinking about going that way after all the potential issues with the Wolf SL.
    There is an LED light above the rear brake caliper. I train early in the am this time of year and the light is a must.

    The fork is the Alpha GS-30, when I ordered the frame, the Wolf fork was not available....so I ordered the GS-30. I have had the frame finished for about a month, so far I really like it.

  23. #73
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    575
    why not the QS20? just curious. i am trying to find out whether or not the LBS screwed up on the placement of the metal insert. i was told the Wolf will be almost impossible to obtain, but, they have an Alpha Q QS20.
    2014 EVO Di2, 7970 Di2
    2017 Shimano PD-9100 Pedals
    2012 Shimano7970 Di2
    2014 Centric Carbon Clinchers, 38mm and 60mm
    Second set of whees: Shimano 7900 C35 tubulars

  24. #74
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    62
    CerveloDude,

    Do you train on your Zipps? I've wondered how well they hold up to everyday riding. I want to get a pair at least for racing, but not sure if I'd want the 303s or 404s. I currently live in Hawaii, so WIND is a constant companion.

  25. #75
    confirmed masher
    Reputation: OneGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,668
    posted this on the fixie thread as well... P2SL
    sorry no fancy camera work..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cervelo Photo Album...Post Your pride & Joy-dsc007911.jpg  

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •