Thread: Cervelo Sizing

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

Cervelo Sizing

Hello,
    I ride a Cervelo P3C 54cm. It feels just a little too big for me. The top tube feels fine but I need the seat low and cannot get the bars low enough for a "proper" aero position.
    I'm 5'7" and have a 30" inseam.

The Soloist seems like the best of both worlds to me - road bike with the aero tubes. I'm thinking of switching to a Soloist Carbon and wondered if any has a size recommendation. I was planning on staying with a 54cm.

Can any of the Cervelo road riders chime in on sizing recommendations? Your height, inseam and frame size would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Todd

Calm like a Bomb..
    I am about your size and the 52 R3 is what fits me. I couldnt imagine the 54 even in the P3C geo being the fit for you. I know also that Cervelos effective TT measurement isnt exactly what they spec it as. Your best bet is to try a 52 and see how it feels

Lemur-ing
    Quote Originally Posted by truble930
    Hello,
    I ride a Cervelo P3C 54cm. It feels just a little too big for me. The top tube feels fine but I need the seat low and cannot get the bars low enough for a "proper" aero position.
    I'm 5'7" and have a 30" inseam.

The Soloist seems like the best of both worlds to me - road bike with the aero tubes. I'm thinking of switching to a Soloist Carbon and wondered if any has a size recommendation. I was planning on staying with a 54cm.

Can any of the Cervelo road riders chime in on sizing recommendations? Your height, inseam and frame size would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Todd
    Seriously? Go to your LBS and try the bikes out and get a fit perhaps. That'll be a much better solution then you guessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    I am just about 5'-11 1/2" with a 33" inseam. I ride a 56cm P3c and it fit's me like a glove. I can't imagine you rding a 54 at 5'-7".

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CerveloDude
    I am just about 5'-11 1/2" with a 33" inseam. I ride a 56cm P3c and it fit's me like a glove. I can't imagine you rding a 54 at 5'-7".
    I can see how it would work. His legs are 3 inches shorter then yours. Which means his torso is only an inch and a half shorter than yours. Couple this 1.5 inch difference in torsos with the fact that your saddle position is probably an inch further back then his relative to the bottom bracket and your down to only a half inch in terms of the fore/aft positioning of your torso in relation to the top tube. I think the 54 probably fits him quite well in terms of top tube. The problem of the head tube height is a problem we short legged/long torsoed people run into when being fitted properly to top tube length.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    I got a 54cm p3c frame, am a smidge under 5'10", and my inseam is just over 33 inches. Should I have gone for a 56cm (sell my 54cm on ebay and get a 56cm, that is)? Maybe I should just assemble it and see....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CerveloDude
    CerveloDude,
    Do you ride your P3 in 75 or 78 degree seat angle? I'm getting ready to get a P2C. My measurements are 5'11" and 33.5" inseam and I'm thinking size 54 or 56 but I'll ride it in 75 so I can get the bike UCI compliant for Time Trials.