Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

ashesnroses scam user

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Migen21 
#1 ·
Hi all,
just another quick posting with some info on a scammer who replied to my bike ad. (I'm selling a MTB.) Here's his original email to me:

#############

<tbody>
</tbody>

Intense Spider XVP with XTR

Interested. How about $1,100, fair enough? Send me a text on 918 981 2746.
Thanks,
Ruben
#############

I replied by email and text. "Ruben" only replied by text, never by email, so I suspect he didn't even create this email address. He said he lives in TULSA OKLAHOMA. I asked that he pay via PayPal, but he only wanted to do CASHIER'S CHECK. I'm convinced he's a scammer because:
1) wanted to use cashier's check
2) never able to reply to emails
3) didn't answer phone when I tried to call to confirm that he was a legit buyer
4) lied (in text messages) about seeing pictures I sent by email. (Said he saw additional pics I sent, but then couldn't confirm any details from them).

Don't deal with Ruben from Tulsa Oklahoma!

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't know where "ruben" lives, but he has a working Tulsa phone number. Could be a google voice number. But that's not really the point.

I posted this (and another scam notice) in the hope that it might help other users spot scams in the classifieds here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.