Endure26

Angry Performance Inc - Dissatisfied Customer!

I normally don't order from Performance, however, I recieved a gift certificate for Christmas, so I was obligated to use them for an order. I will never buy from Performance again. After two tries, I still don't have my merchandise.

Order #00263XXXX: this order was placed on 1/31/05. I ordered (2) WTB Epic Race tires. I received (1) WTB Epic Race tire (50-1992) and (1) WTB Weirwolf tire in error. I contacted their customer service department on 2/7/05 and told them of the mistake. I was put in touch with Brian in the technical support department. I explained what had happened. He checked catalog numbers and the order invoice and was going to ensure the problem leading to the error was fixed. I was told that they were unable to provide a correct replacement until I had returned the erroneous part. I was also told I would be fully reimbursed for shipping (both to and from). I asked if I could provide a credit card and order the correct tire so that I could have the correct tire without having to wait for return of the mistake. Brian put me back in touch with customer service and I placed the order - with Performance picking up shipping cost. What should have been the end of the story turned in to another Performance screw up.

Order #00265XXXX. This order was placed in response to their first screw up in order to get me the tire I originally ordered. I received this order on 2/9/05. I ordered (1) WTB Epic Race tire (50-1992), price $24.98. I received (1) WTB Weirwolf tire. Again same mistake as the original order.

I still don't have the second tire. At this point, I have everything boxed up and it is going back for a complete refund. If this is the kind of customer service Performance provides, it's a wonder they are in business. As I said, this is the last time I deal with them.

Banned forever.....or not
    The problem seems to be that they have the wrong tire in the pick bin. It's hard to say if your CSR messed up, or if someone in the shop ignored his request to check out the inventory mistake. It might be something as simple as the tire that you don't want having the SKU# of the tire that you do want, on it.
    This happens everywhere......Even your LBS.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Cubicle Fugitive
    Agree. Either a data entry or an inventory placement snafu. It happens.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I think you've made your point, cross-posts and all.

I've placed litterally a 100+ orders with Performance, and never had an issue. I'm sure other can attest the same. Mistakes happen occasionally, deal with it and quit being such a baby...
    Last edited by ottodog; 02-11-2005 at 05:30 AM.

mad scientist
    Mar 2003
    Yeah, Performance has always been good for me too. Bottom line is that if you need something now, you should buy locally. When you deal with a mail order company you save some money, but if there is a problem it takes longer to fix and is more of a hassle.

That said, they should have fixed the problem when you sent the item back....still, it isn't worth trashing their whole operation over one small mistake. What if it were your business? I'm pretty sure you'd be unhappy to have some yahoo complaining about your business over one (or two) honest mistake(s).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

Shiite happens

I would guess I've had some sort of problem with every one of the major mail order places. Such is the reality of mail order. It's the price you pay to get access to lower prices and wider selection than you can find at your LBS. IME, Performance is pretty reliable, as are Nashbar, Colorado Cyclist, Excel, LaBicicletta, Cambria, etc.

Bling Bling Master!

There ok

I just got my white ti flite from them today.
    Just like the one I saw on my screen when I ordered it earlier this week.

Add shirt To Ignore List

Performance is a bad joke. Pay 5% more at any other online retailer to get real svc.

Performance is a sick joke, but since I'm the kind of person who likes to beat his head against the wall because it feels so good when I stop, I only deserve what I've gotten.

I've probably had ~20 transactions with them in the last five years, roughly half of them problematic. They are famous in my household for sending the wrong thing. I've even seen the Performance price tag on items not match the item itself (dude, these are socks, not arm warmers.)

Performance-brand fluid trainer: broke on first use.

Performance-brand neoprene booties: zippers (both) broken within first year.

Peformance-brand bar-end tail-lights: 0 for 2 in a package of 2.

So what's been good? Their clothing, in general, seems to be a pretty good value. I usually buy drink mix from them because they're the cheapest, but a few times my Cytomax was crunchy.

My experience with all of the following online retailers has been vastly superior to Performance. The first two are more expensive, so I expect better service. The second two are even cheaper than Perf, so they have no excuse:

Colorado Cyclist
    Excel Sports
    Bike Nashbar (yes, even Nashbar)
    Supergo (their house brand stuff seems better than Performance's, too)

Bling Bling Master!

Performance brand anything....

sucks.

It is cheap junk.

I only use performance as a last result.
    They charge me tax in NC and shipping.
    I like licktons they are good.

banned
    Jul 2005

inconsistent prices: PBS store computer vs. website

Quote Originally Posted by shirt
    Performance is a sick joke, but since I'm the kind of person who likes to beat his head against the wall because it feels so good when I stop, I only deserve what I've gotten.

I've probably had ~20 transactions with them in the last five years, roughly half of them problematic. They are famous in my household for sending the wrong thing. I've even seen the Performance price tag on items not match the item itself (dude, these are socks, not arm warmers.)

Performance-brand fluid trainer: broke on first use.

Performance-brand neoprene booties: zippers (both) broken within first year.

Peformance-brand bar-end tail-lights: 0 for 2 in a package of 2.

So what's been good? Their clothing, in general, seems to be a pretty good value. I usually buy drink mix from them because they're the cheapest, but a few times my Cytomax was crunchy.

My experience with all of the following online retailers has been vastly superior to Performance. The first two are more expensive, so I expect better service. The second two are even cheaper than Perf, so they have no excuse:

Colorado Cyclist
    Excel Sports
    When I sent an email to PBS corporate abut the topic of inconsistent pricing of store computer vs. what be on the company website: PBS = now displaying disclaimers at the end of the email. In that the info (of their reason) cannot be shared. It be top secret.

RoadBikeReview Member

Colorado Cyclist
    Excel Sports
    Performance owns Nashbar.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whit417
    Performance owns Nashbar.
    Performance also owns Supergo.

Bling Bling Master!

Richard Snook

owns Performance Supergo and Nashbar!

RoadBikeReview Member
    So it is safe to assume that all three, Performance, Nashbar and Supergo, get all of their "house brand" stuff from the same places and one is not necessarily better than the other as suggested earlier.