Joker thinks he's funny...

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin/...uery=retrieval

1) Price of the bike was fishy
    2) Email is "odd"
    3) Bike from UK

Icing on the cake

-------

Hello Mr Hoang !

Dear Sir I can't use payPal at the moment because I don't have a PayPal account and I never used before that way.

Dear Sir we can use MoneyTransfer like MoneyGram because is simple for both ,and for your safety you can deposit the money Trught
    Moneygram on your brother name or cousin or father name or what name you want and another address not mine but must from UK London
    so I can't pick up your money first.

And after you receive the bike from me trught UPS service and arrive to you in max two days ,you must go to local MoneyGram and
    change the name and address on mine so I can pick up my money.

Sir for first time I need to verify that you have this money and deposited to Moneygram not pick up your money.
    And after I check it I will give you the shipping details so you can pick up your bike.

I can't pick up your money if they are not on my name ,and after you receive the bike from me trught UPS ,you must to back to
    MoneyGram and change the name and address of mine so I can pick up the money.

I belive that way is safe for both of us.

Let me know if you are agree with my terms.

Thank you.

----------

Going to make him jump thru some hoops for fun as long as I can...

I asked for some pictures and a serial number and also told him Paypal account are easy to setup. Let's see how this unfolds
    Last edited by ColdRider; 04-06-2005 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Some excellent grammar highlights - Brain Fade forgot to link the ad

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005

[B]Scam - 2 more bikes[/B]

More fun

He asked me which bike in particular I was interested in because he has 3 such bikes on sale. I replied inquiring what were the other two. I wish my life was this easy!

---------------

Hello !

Dear Sir here is the model that i send on the site:

1).Trek 5900 OCLV Superlight =1,300 US$

Push on that link:

2). New Trek 5500, OCLV 120g Carbon Fibre 2002 =1,300 US$

Push on that Link:

3). Like New Trek 5900 OCLV Carbon 110 2003 =1400US$

Push on that Link:

I sell Trek bike only >

I wait your answer.

Thank you.

flinty-eyed moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdRider
    Joker thinks he's funny...

1) Price of the bike was fishy
    2) Email is "odd"
    3) Bike from UK

Icing on the cake

-------

Hello Mr Hoang !

Dear Sir I can't use payPal at the moment because I don't have a PayPal account and I never used before that way.

Dear Sir we can use MoneyTransfer like MoneyGram because is simple for both ,and for your safety you can deposit the money Trught
    Moneygram on your brother name or cousin or father name or what name you want and another address not mine but must from UK London
    so I can't pick up your money first.

And after you receive the bike from me trught UPS service and arrive to you in max two days ,you must go to local MoneyGram and
    change the name and address on mine so I can pick up my money.

Sir for first time I need to verify that you have this money and deposited to Moneygram not pick up your money.
    And after I check it I will give you the shipping details so you can pick up your bike.

I can't pick up your money if they are not on my name ,and after you receive the bike from me trught UPS ,you must to back to
    MoneyGram and change the name and address of mine so I can pick up the money.

I belive that way is safe for both of us.

Let me know if you are agree with my terms.

Thank you.

----------

Going to make him jump thru some hoops for fun as long as I can...

I asked for some pictures and a serial number and also told him Paypal account are easy to setup. Let's see how this unfolds

Reported the Ad to the Admin for deletion. Next time please use the "Report to Admin" lik on the left hand side of the Ad to report the Ad rather then just start a thread (or do both). That reduces the chances of someone getting scammed.

Thank you.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolhand
    Reported the Ad to the Admin for deletion. Next time please use the "Report to Admin" lik on the left hand side of the Ad to report the Ad rather then just start a thread (or do both). That reduces the chances of someone getting scammed.

Thank you.
    Coldrider reported it to me last night. I reported it to Gregg and Francois and posted in the moderators forum
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

flinty-eyed moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdRider
    More fun

He asked me which bike in particular I was interested in because he has 3 such bikes on sale. I replied inquiring what were the other two. I wish my life was this easy!

---------------

Hello !

Dear Sir here is the model that i send on the site:

1).Trek 5900 OCLV Superlight =1,300 US$

Push on that link:

2). New Trek 5500, OCLV 120g Carbon Fibre 2002 =1,300 US$

Push on that Link:

3). Like New Trek 5900 OCLV Carbon 110 2003 =1400US$

Push on that Link:

I sell Trek bike only >

I wait your answer.

Thank you.

Reported all three Ads to the Admin for deletion. Next time please use the "Report to Admin" lik on the left hand side of the Ad to report the Ad rather then just start a thread (or do both). That reduces the chances of someone getting scammed.

Thank you.

Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

flinty-eyed moderator

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hickey
    Coldrider reported it to me last night. I reported it to Gregg and Francis and posted in the moderators forum
    Scammers ads are deleted, and his account has been banned.

Thanks Coldrider!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    Anytime guys,

I was wondering on the proper procedure for it. I thought that link was for when you had been scammed already (you have to thank diagonal reading!), not sure if it was the appropriate link to report ads. I reread it and it does say it pretty clearly, but that should be written in Neon Pink flashing with yellow arrows pointing towards! What up with black and white?!