Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Another Wanta World Champion paint job

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Salsa_Lover 
#1 ·
Here's another fine job by Allan. It's an EPS, obviously. The Deda Alanera bars are stunning in real life.

#4 ·
Sweet! Love that scheme! Regarding the fork- what was the reasoning for the stripes and black area being so low? It makes it look slightly out of balance. I'm assuming he did the bars so I wonder why he left the rear clamp area black. Or he could have put a set of stripes on the stem area with the green stripe fading to black (like the fork and stays). That would have looked even better. Overall, you have a stunning bike! I love it!! Congrats on a bad azzzz ride!!!

#6 ·
Funny, we went over the same questions. My first choice on the fork was to do it like the stays, but there was too much of the original paint to get off.
On the bars, we had three possible schemes. One was stripes on the stem (like you described) and cubes on the left side of the bar. But the stem area is really very short, and it might have looked bunched up. Ultimately, his wife picked which scheme to use, and I agree with her choice. We left the aluminum part of the stem black because there is seam there (Deda does the same thing on some of their bars).

#9 ·
I understand the comments on the fork. My first choice was to fade to nude carbon 1/3 down the fork -- just like the stays. But, sanding through two different paint jobs and getting paint out of all the nooks & crannies is hard to do with carbon.
The scheme he used was my plan-B, and he painted it exactly like I sketched it. I saw something like it on one of Nys' cyclocross bikes. Allan offered the idea of fading to black, like Ride_Fly's, but I preferred the white. I agree that looking at the pictures it looks a little lopsided, but in real life you don't get that effect.

(Fly_Ride, in defense of the authenticity of your bike, a friend of mine had a c-40, and the factory paint job faded to black).

#10 ·
actually you are right, this is the Sven Nys bike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.