Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Laugh View Post
    What's your saddle height from bb and drop to center of bars from top of saddle?
    Saddle height from bb to top of saddle is 76 cm
    Drop from top of saddle to top of bars is 5.4 cm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    You could have to build the front end up a bit then. My saddle height is 1mm lower than you and I got fitted on a 56 C59 with a 120 stem and compact bars, could have gone for a 55 or 57 though. I'm 178 tall with a shorter torso proportion obviously. I worked out with my fitter I'd have about 20mm of spacers to get my 95mm drop to bars. I fleetingly thought about a 57 to get a more slammed front end but think the 56 was the best compromise of fit (spacers/saddle setback) and handling as I'd prefer to get more weight over the front wheel, indeed mike @ maestro who I've ordered from didn't even consider a 57 for me. If I was more flexible I'd probably go for a 55.

You could email him I'd imagine he would be able to help you as he sells these bikes all day long and was pretty sharp on the fit for me. I worked it out by first setting up a 52s and then running through with my fitter using my current setup. I asked mike his opinion to double check and he was pretty spot on in what he said. Sounds like the front end stack is the decider for you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have read quite a few praises for Maestro on this forum. Did you order the frame or the complete bike? How do you deal with warranty issues on components?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Just the frame.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    I think you should go 57 ( or even 56) if you wish to have a racing fit/low bars, and 58 for a more relaxed fit.

Where are you looking for your frame? I still see many NOS C50s on the Market.

I could buy a 56 C50 on LX10, 2010 version but I did pass on it and now that is sold I regret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I tend to think the same. My thanks to all who have chimed in on my questions.
    I've been looking predominantly on the web. Extremely limited supply on hand in brick and mortar stores in my area.
    The LX10 is one of the classics; I know of one but unfortunately is not your size and it's on an EPS (54t). However if you are interested, I will be glad to pass along the link.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    I'm with Salsa on the suggestions.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    RA Cycles has some on sale....

and about the LX10 C50, it was not as beautiful as my C40, that is what made me hesitate, you see better detail and care on the C40, when I finally decided to buy it and sell mine it was gone.

however, if I ever see another NOS I will get it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C59/C50/EPS size-201002_13_11_a0149911_2240877.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    New with computer and the internet so excuse me for being so slow i also am planig on getting a new c59 and need help with my frame size i curantly ride a cervelo slcsl 54 s and need advice on new ride will set back and listen for advice and learn how to post messsages thanks jaka

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Salsa_Lover View Post
    RA Cycles has some on sale....

and about the LX10 C50, it was not as beautiful as my C40, that is what made me hesitate, you see better detail and care on the C40, when I finally decided to buy it and sell mine it was gone.

however, if I ever see another NOS I will get it
    I am looking for a C50 in ST01 and LX10, where are the best places for NOS stock? PM me is you want to and don't worry Salsa_Lover, I am a different size to you so wouldn't be going for the same sizes lol

Shut up legs!
    I know this post is old and the OP probably has figured out what to get already by now. But I've just found a nice article on Colnago fitting that may answer future questions others have regarding the same topic

Bikesport Michigan Online - Reviews - Colnago Dream.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenacycle View Post
    I know this post is old and the OP probably has figured out what to get already by now.
    Yeap, a lot has happened since last September. The article hits spot on some of the concerns I had about the fitting process. The most elusive part in ordering a Colnago remains finding a demo to ride, at least on this side of the pond!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010

C59 classifieds ?

Hello, I have a C59 that I want to post for sale in the classifieds.

I tried to post the ad 2 times and when I hit "post" the ad seems to disappear when the page refreshes.

Can someone help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Maybe your post count is to blame?
    What size, what groupo and where are you located?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    well, I got the ad to post but none of the pictures are showing up

RoadBikeReview Member
    Saw your ad. This is the size I'm looking at. Too bad you are 1200 miles away. Try resizing the pics; not sure if thats the problem though. Good luck with the sale.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    UPS and Fed Ex ship everywhere

RoadBikeReview Member
    Can't do that long distance. Sorry.

Col,Naaa,GOOOOO

C50 2007

177.5cm 84cm in seam size 54 c50

cranks 175, seat crest to BB axle center 77cm, seat centered on seat post not on clamp! 110 8 ritchey stem& pro plt 42 bars,
    Colnago C50 WX07 54......
    if you don't fall off, you're not trying hard enough.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    I'm curious, why would you want to sell such a fantastic frame? The C59 is the best frame I have ridden, and I've ridden a lot over the years. Just curious as I say ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12