Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Colnago Master Piu

26K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  spanna 
#1 ·
G'day all, this is my first post on RBR so please go easy on me.

I have the opportunity to purchase a Colnago (Master Piu) as per the attached photo. The owner (original) says he purchased the bicycle in 1990 and although it has been partly rebuilt with Dura-ace rear derailleur and sti shifters he has the original deraileur, record hub, 7 speed cluster, down tube shifters and aero brake levers which I sighted when I looked at the bike.

The brake calipers are the cobalto's with the original stones, slightly scuffed and dull but still in tact.

Wheels are Mavic Open 4 CD

The frame was resprayed about 3 years ago and as you can see the decals were hand painted onto the frame so I don't know how original they are as is.

Any comments? Opinions on value?

#2 ·
Very sharp--a nice retro-modern look, I think. Decals are a bit basic--I can share some pics of Pius if you are interested...

Save the older bits in case you want to restore it later, and enjoy the heck out of it in its current form.

Cyclomondo (?) on eBay (he's in Oz) has 80s Master decals, but has not done the Piu. Look at item #300212722705.

Yours should have the investment cast BB if it is indeed a 90s bike...

Cheers,
Dean

#3 ·
Thanks Dean,

I would love to see some pictures of Piu's, I can't seem to find many online.

Can you please elaborate on the investment cast BB?

I don't have much information on Colnago's and can't find anything specific online re the Piu's so all information would be much appreciated.

My plan is to save up for a restoration but again I don't have reference wrt paint schemes etc. The current owner has advised that it was a pink, green and white colour scheme, from memory the front was pink, then green in the middle and white seat tube etc. Does this colour scheme ring any bells?

cheers
Anthony

#13 ·
That's a sweet and subtle Decor paint job--very stylish.

I just sold my project Master Piu this past week--had no time to finish it, and needed the money for home repairs.

Bought a tile saw today--seems like an imperfect substitute...

D

#14 ·
Thanks for the posts and pics guys. I have taken delivery of the Piu and am now deciding whether I put the oldie parts back on and getting it as original as possible except for the paint or riding it as is until I do a full resto. Hopefully I'll save up to get the lugs chromed and have an original colour scheme respray.
I'll take some more (and better) pics and load them up soon.

#15 ·
Some more pics, as mentioned previously it is currently built with Dura Ace 9spd STI's and rear derailleur but I have all the original parts i.e. rear hub and cassette, rear derailleur, aero brake levers and down tube shifters, all C-record.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.