Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Colnago V1-R

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Trek_5200 
#1 ·
Colnago recalled V1-R bicycles due to a design defect with the front brake. I have never seen Colnago recall any frames since I have been riding them that I am unaware. Considering they always preach our C series is heavier for safety and longevity reasons. I am wondering if Colnago does not have the technology to compete with other big brand bike manufacturers that have a lot of R&D money. Other opinions.

#3 ·
#4 ·
I understand big companies have recalls usually after a cyclist dies either after the recall was announced or not aware of recall and keeps riding bike. I ride Colnagos because they exceed the crash standards according to the company so I know I am riding a safe bicycle. Just a little shocked seeing a Colnago recall.

#9 ·
Yes what I read was that at the factory the brake mounting holes were incorrectly...drilled (or whatever) and some mechanic somewhere over torqued the bolt creating a failure, that could maybe possibly remotely fail again under similar unlikely conditions, so they recalled they affected forks (only a small batch).

#13 ·
Sad part is this is a very expensive frame from where I sit, and I wonder how fast the recall will be handled, and if new frames are provided for free. Who eats the change for ther changing out of componants frame to frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.