• No

2 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012

My new Colnago EPQ

Hello
    Here are some pictures of my new bike.
    Spent happy dark evenings making this and now it's ready to ride !
    Pretty isn't it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new Colnago EPQ-2012_0520colnago0017.jpg   My new Colnago EPQ-2012_0520colnago0012.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi
    / IMO

Saddle looks funky on a current Colnago.

Stem looks rather bulbous and sticks out visually by having spacers above and below.

IMO /

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Nice bike but you gotta do something about that stem. And the bottle cage - white is not a good color for it.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    saddle looks a bit too much to the rear end, but probably you have very long legs ?

Stem looks indeed too short and high

A Colnago like the EPQ has a classic italian racing geometry, it performs best with low handlebars and long stems.

With a setup like yours the weight would be too much on the rear part of the bike and not well balanced

It would be better if you post a picture of yourself on the bike so we can get a better idea.

But judging by the saddle height and unless you have a very short torso, I would suggest to put on a longer stem and lower handlebar position and train your sitting and back bending.

Otherwise your frame is maybe too big for you or you would benefit more of bike with a relaxed geometry.
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Nice bike, good job with the build.

Mar

RoadBikeReview Member
    3T ARX LTD is a fine stem. I have one on my C59. You could flip it, remove the spacer tower and change the saddle and post to something more modern and it's a winner.
    carbonLORD.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2011
    San Marco Regal saddle would be a nice change (the modern version is black and white)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    I've just weighed the beast and it comes in at 16.5 lbs which includes a little bag under the saddle containing an innertube, a pump and a large multi-tool. So, not bad eh ?!
    I took your advice and turned the stem over so it is now approx horizontal rather than sloping upwards. Better.
    Also swapped the Colnago bottle cage for a nice Time carbon one in black, red and white colours so everything is in these colours now.
    I should mention that the wheels are something I'm particularly proud of as I built them myself using all DT Swiss parts. The hubs are 180 Carbon Ceramic, spokes are Aerolite and rims are RR415. I did the front 28 spoke wheel as 1-cross as I don't really like the appearance of radial spoking. This lacing pattern produces a nice stiff wheel like radial spoking, but with a bit of a nod toward the comfort of cross pattern. The back wheel is cross 2 pattern 32 spoke.
    Ridden her twice now on shortish 'first' runs. Rides really nicely - very comfortable and rediculously fast - I'm sure someone fitted an engine when I wasn't looking ! A very different ride to my custom made Mercian steel framed road bike fitted out with the old Campag Super Record bits from the 1980's I think.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Very nice bike, the colors look great. Thanks for posting. Enjoy the ride!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012

Nice bike

What is may be know about fittings?