RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

What bb thread for a C40 HP

Hi Guys,

Doing a bit of restoration on my C40 HP. Does anyone know what kind of BB they take? ie. Is it Italian or English threaded?

Thanks

Hucken The Fard Up !
    Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyAndy View Post
    Hi Guys,

Doing a bit of restoration on my C40 HP. Does anyone know what kind of BB they take? ie. Is it Italian or English threaded?

Thanks
    You're kidding ... right?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    You're kidding ... right?
    Aren't current colnago frames english thread? I don't know when they switched from italian to english threading - so seems like a fair question, no?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ctam View Post
    Aren't current colnago frames english thread? I don't know when they switched from italian to english threading - so seems like a fair question, no?
    Yes it is a fair question. All new Colnagos ,with the exception of the Master X, are English thread. I too don't know when the change occurred, but I just got confirmation on the 2012's and this is where it stands today. The information on many websites was conflicting, so I went directly to Colnago of America.

Hucken The Fard Up !
    My C50 is a 2009 model ( maybe built in 2008) and is still Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Considering the switch to English threading was a recent change and the C40 wasn't made after 2004...hmmm, must have woken from a long COMA!!!

Just messing with ya!

Have you posted pics of your C40? C40 pics can never get old in here brutha!!
    Ordered and Fitted for my Custom DEAN Titanium frame on Sept 17th, 2008. Finally got it in Oct, 2010!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks, I thought it was Italian but then I heard they had switched. Just needed to confirm!

Will post pics once its gone through a refurb. Got most of the parts, just debating getting the paintjob touched up, especially around the dropouts.