RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Co-Pilot for child ???

Hi there ..

Not sure where to post this question but I have just bought a co-pilot for my bike so my son can ride with me .. and I am unsure if co-pilot should be able to move side to side when he turns etc, or be totally inline with my bike and attached with no movement.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    I assume the thing attaches to the seatpost of your bike. If so it should be installed tight enough to not "flop (or rock)" from side to side when the three wheels are in a straight line but it should be attached loose enough to pivot around the seatpost when your bike turns so that the 3 wheels are not always in a straight line. If you are not clear on this take it back to the shop where you bought it for a demonstration.

I am sure I don't have to remind you that is your child back there-SAFETY FIRST! Don't forget; both of you should be wearing helmets and take it easy on your first few rides.

Your question is a good example of why you should buy from a shop that knows what they are doing if you don't know what you are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Thanks

QUOTE]should be attached loose enough to pivot around the seatpost when your bike turns so that the 3 wheels are not always in a straight line.[/QUOTE]

thats exactly what I wanted to know - thanks :}}

and I think its not a case of buying from a shop who knows what they are doing cosI dont live near a shop to buy a bike trailer from (unless you call 3 hours drive near)so the internet is my best friend for things like this .. but the fact the instructions are unclear.