bm
    go2slo
    Mar 2002

Commute Route Suggestion Please - Los Angeles

Hi all,

I just moved from Culver City (Los Angeles, CA) to Gardena, CA and i'm trying to find a commuting route from Gardena to DTLA. I know the city well enough that i could ride towards the coast but i'm looking for a more direct route if possible.

I did a little research and google tells me that i can use the attached route (see attached pic) but problem is between E Century Blvd and Martin Luther King Blvd the street conditions are not great. I have bike lanes south of Century and bike lanes over on Vermont just North of Century. But basically between Century and MLK Blvd the lanes disappear and the conditions are not that great to be honest. I think that's East Inglewood area. The quality isn't really what bothers me; but there are trashcans in the roads and drivers there aren't super great.

I've been driving different roads to look around but i haven't seen any other roads that are semi-safe and semi-cleanish. I drove Normandie as well but i didn't see any routes there.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Commute Route Suggestion Please - Los Angeles-capture.jpg  

a real member's member
    Quote Originally Posted by bm View Post
    Any suggestions?
    stay off the freeway and wear clothes?
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

bm
    go2slo
    Mar 2002
    I found this thing called the la county bikeways map and itís basically a map of all bikeways in LA. Looks exactly like iíve seen when driving those streets. Also looks like there is no direct route near me from gardena Ė DTLA

LA County Bikeways Map

bm
    go2slo
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bm View Post
    I found this thing called the la county bikeways map and itís basically a map of all bikeways in LA. Looks exactly like iíve seen when driving those streets. Also looks like there is no direct route near me from gardena Ė DTLA

LA County Bikeways Map
    https://la.curbed.com/2017/6/11/1577...-broadway-main

" ... Hoover Street: Three miles of bike lanes would be added between Vernon Avenue and Manchester Avenue."