Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Healdsburg Harvest Ride

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  MB1 
#1 · (Edited)
or - OMG - Snap really does ride a bike.

I met up with some friends this weekend for the Healdsburg Harvest ride. The weather could not have been better, cool in the morning; warming up after we finished the ride. Since I've not ridden much this year, I only rode the short 25 mile route, thinking I'd avoid all hills. Wrong. There were a few nothing over 3-5% but enough to kick my sorry butt. Took a couple of breaks, but I survived to ride another day.

Foggy Morning

Obligatory bike shot

and proof I really do ride a bike (and hide behind signs)

At the first (and only, for me) rest stop, we spotted this -- I wondered if someone was really riding it.

After munching on oranges, fig newtons and a bit of gatorade, we took off again. I turned of for the shorter route here.

Ran smack into the first hill of the day. Not horrible, at least I never felt like I was gonna die. I took a short break - ahem...to take pictures. Yeah, that's it...pictures.
Looking down the hill:

Scenic view at the mid point.

See less See more
#2 ·
Stopped for a snack at the Dry Creek General Store. I was craving Coke, which I rarely drink.

Lots of pretty scenery surronded me.

Spotted the High Wheel rider. He had to walk some of the hills.

It was a wonderful day, reminding me how much I enjoy being out on my bike.

#6 ·
Wow Snap, cool shots

A bunch of riders from our group were down there. They were thrilled at how cool it was down there. I couldn't go. Had to work :(. This pic came out really cool!

#7 ·
Ridgetop, that's one of my favorite shots too. The weather could not have been better, we were lucky. Last time I did this ride it hit 105 before noon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.