MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment

Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC

.. Heat advisory remains in effect until 8 pm edt this evening... ... Heat advisory in effect from noon to 8 pm edt thursday...

The national weather service in baltimore md/washington has issued a heat advisory... Which is in effect from noon to 8 pm edt thursday. A heat advisory remains in effect until 8 pm edt this evening.

* temperatures... Highs in the mid to upper 90s this afternoon and again thursday afternoon.

* heat index values... 100 to 105 each afternoon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4828.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4833.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4834.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4839.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4840.jpg  

Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4848.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4853.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4854.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4857.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4861.jpg  

Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4869.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids... Stay in an air-conditioned room... Stay out of the sun... And check in on relatives and neighbors.

Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible... Reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink plenty of water.

To reduce risk during outdoor work... The occupational safety and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency - call 9 1 1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4872.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4882.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4896.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4902.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4907.jpg  

Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4918.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4926.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4938.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4939.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4943.jpg  

Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4949.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4951.jpg  
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    ... Air quality alert is in effect for wednesday june 8 2011...

The metropolitan washington council of governments in association with maryland department of the environment, virginia department of environmental quality, and district department of environment has issued a code orange air quality alert thursday for the dc metro area.

A code orange air quality alert means that air pollution concentrations within the region may become unhealthy for sensitive groups. Sensitive groups include children... People suffering from asthma... Heart disease or other lung diseases... And the elderly. The effects of air pollution can be minimized by avoiding strenuous activity or exercise outdoors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4954.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4971.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4978.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4991.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp4998.jpg  

Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp5006.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp5009.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp5013.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp5018.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp5019.jpg  

Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp5023.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp5025.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp5028.jpg   Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp5031.jpg  

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heat Advisory for District Of Columbia, DC-imgp5032.jpg  

Cycling 4 the fun of it.
    Hot in Chicago as well. Nice photos and ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Non-conformist cyclists... RULE!

Travels by Map
    The ice cream looks great. I'll be riding home today in the heat and I may have to make a stop.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Been above 95 for the past 3 weeks here. No rain and heat index above 100.
    My yard looks like crap.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Been above 95 for the past 3 weeks here. No rain and heat index above 100.
    My yard looks like crap.
    Just a month ago the Potomac was flooding so there is still plenty of water around here but if you want the yard to look you got to water a couple of times a week.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hi MB1 and the group, lovely pictures - just got a new flat screen monitor for my computer and the pictures look even better then usual!

Really like the ones of the dirt bike path near the water, such an inviting place to ride.

The green blur picture reminds me of the last time I did a clip in over on my MTB bike ;-)

Take care and try to stay cool, Axlenut

your text here
    nice. i was out in lake geneva, wi with temps around 95 and high winds. the plan was to hang out afterward and eat lunch or grab a coffee. i was so caked in salt i decided to just high-tail it back home

but it was a good day on roads i have never traveled.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    More power to ya. Maybe its that whole 8 months pregnant thing, but I'm not digging this heat at all.

Sawyer and I walk at 6 AM and after 8 PM. Between then, I stay in the AC as much as possible. Swimming yesterday was quite pleasant though.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieRider View Post
    More power to ya. Maybe its that whole 8 months pregnant thing, but I'm not digging this heat at all.

Sawyer and I walk at 6 AM and after 8 PM. Between then, I stay in the AC as much as possible. Swimming yesterday was quite pleasant though.
    Well yesterday was a heck of a lot nicer than today....

BTW when is the shower?

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    We're all done with showers. Had the VA one the week before Memorial day and had the PA one a week after. We got a lot of nice stuff, but I'm not very good being the center of attention for things like that.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

Potatoes
    Really nice, I think I'll never get sick of those tow paths

Good for you!
    We are moving from Singapore to D.C. this July and can't wait to explore the beautiful routes you depict. Think we will be ready for the heat as it is always 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity here.

Do you have any recommendations for best places to find routes or route planning resources (aside from searching all MB1 posts?)

Once again, your posts inspire--CAN'T WAIT! (I'll probably change that tune in February)

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Quote Originally Posted by wagsea6b View Post
    Do you have any recommendations for best places to find routes or route planning resources (aside from searching all MB1 posts?)...
    This should get you started just fine.....

http://www.waba.org/

http://bikewashington.org/

http://www.potomacpedalers.org/

http://dcrand.org/dcr/

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004
    It's good to see somethings never change. I have been MIA for quite a while and I come back to find great pics of Miss M, DC and Food!
    Joined the other team in the name of the economy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Great pictures!!! I really need to get out and start riding my pedal bike more often. Miss eating at that pizza joint as well.
    The marvels of modern day science: engineering tomorrow's problems today...

http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/.../Rob/tumor.png
    Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net