RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008

Moab skinny tire festival

Anybody doing this one it looks amazing.
    http://skinnytireevents.com/content/blogcategory/28/63/

Burnum Upus Quadricepus
    I learned about it too late to change my plans for this year, but as soon as I have the dates for 2012, I'll schedule the time off.

I'm planning a 17-day trip. I'll Amtrak to Grand Junction, CO, spend some time there, ride to Moab, do the four-day SkinnyFest, then ride back to Grand Junction to catch the train home.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I rode it last spring. It was very nice. Chilly in the mornings, cool in the afternoons. One day was "rained out" but a friend and I biked Dead Horse Point anyway (it snowed on us on the way up).

Charlie

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brucew
    I learned about it too late to change my plans for this year, but as soon as I have the dates for 2012, I'll schedule the time off.

I'm planning a 17-day trip. I'll Amtrak to Grand Junction, CO, spend some time there, ride to Moab, do the four-day SkinnyFest, then ride back to Grand Junction to catch the train home.
    Colorado can get serious winter storms that time of year. You may want a backup plan or allow time to leave early or late if need be.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Planning to go. I have jeeped out there for many years and think it would be a beautiful place to ride. The weather is a little bit unpredictable that time of year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2004
    I did the fest last year as well. We didn't do the ride to Dead Horse (actually, we tried to do in the car and turned around because of the snow.)

Moab is a great little town (be sure to check out Poison Spider Bikes), the organization is good and the rides were good, particularly if you like to climb. (Days 1 and 4 are flat.) If you've been to SE Utah, you will be awed by the scenery.

Highly recommended.
    As long as you have the sex and drugs, you don't really need the rock and roll.