Master debator.

New cross bike, short first ride report.

Finally got the new cross bike working that I ordered over a week ago. It's an Airborne Delta, basically a high-end Huffy as I call it.
    I took off work a bit early, always nice, and decided to go for a ride. The bike needed a bit of tweaking as far as position and shifting adjustment etc., but I got all that and off I went.
    I stayed mostly on the road, ventured onto some gravel, and did a bit of double track overgrown neglected dirt road.
    I logged over 50 miles without a hitch, other than a rubbing front derailleur while in the big ring, which I ignored for the time being
    It was beautiful out, probably the last 80 degree day of the year, maybe. The colors are slightly past peak here, but still stunning in places. I think dry weather actually helps?
    I took off thinking it'd be a slow, meandering ride, with no particular place to go. I mostly succeeded, except sometimes I just marveled at the colors rather than stopping to take pictures.
    I did take a few though, and I thought I'd share. A new bike always gets me geared up to ride, I'm sure I'll do it again this weekend.

Fall colors, fall colors, dried up river bed, old cemetery, off road stuff, ride data.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New cross bike, short first ride report.-2012-10-03_15-59-55_585.jpg   New cross bike, short first ride report.-2012-10-03_16-46-49_52.jpg   New cross bike, short first ride report.-2012-10-03_17-07-53_616.jpg   New cross bike, short first ride report.-2012-10-03_17-57-04_987.jpg   New cross bike, short first ride report.-2012-10-03_18-21-21_920.jpg  

New cross bike, short first ride report.-firstcrossride.jpg  
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

your text here
    looks like a good day. i love riding when its warm and the leaves are changing.

so many "airborn" bikes. my flyte is an airborn.or airbourn. or airbourne.
    whatever it is, its a great gravel bike. took it out sunday and accidentally did 45 miles.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck