Thread: Porteur

RoadBikeReview Member

Porteur

Another Kogswell P/R set up with stuff on hand and a custom porteur rack.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3068431...7623427585240/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Porteur-4353602161_3f5c08467d_b.jpg  
    I saw a werewolf drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's, his hair was perfect. (Warren Zevon)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wow that is very nice looking and I love the orange tape.
    never,never,never give up

Big is relative
    Nice ride. I have a deposit in on an Argonaut. I'll get fitted during April while I'm home on leave before heading back to San Diego. I plan on doing the fitting in Bainbridge or Seattle and taking the info to Argonaut (Ben Farver) in Portland on my way south. The Argonaut will be similar to an IF Club Racer, a long wheelbase road bike with fender and rack mounts. I plan on making it my fair weather commuter and keeping the Gunnar for the epic days. I have a ten speed campy group ready to go along with some tektro long reach caliper brakes. The only thing I need is another PW stainless bb for an alloy campy crankset and a 48 big ring in 135mm. I have an FSA carbon compact crankset, but I plan on making the Argonaut a carbon free zone.
    Retired sailor

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbill
    Nice ride. I have a deposit in on an Argonaut. I'll get fitted during April while I'm home on leave before heading back to San Diego. I plan on doing the fitting in Bainbridge or Seattle and taking the info to Argonaut (Ben Farver) in Portland on my way south. The Argonaut will be similar to an IF Club Racer, a long wheelbase road bike with fender and rack mounts. I plan on making it my fair weather commuter and keeping the Gunnar for the epic days. I have a ten speed campy group ready to go along with some tektro long reach caliper brakes. The only thing I need is another PW stainless bb for an alloy campy crankset and a 48 big ring in 135mm. I have an FSA carbon compact crankset, but I plan on making the Argonaut a carbon free zone.
    Whoa--those look very sharp.
    I saw a werewolf drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's, his hair was perfect. (Warren Zevon)

Born from Jorts®
    Seen the Racks n' Sacks group on Flickr?

Porteur nirvana.

Thats how I found & contacted my rack builder.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    Seen the Racks n' Sacks group on Flickr?

Porteur nirvana.

Thats how I found & contacted my rack builder.
    Hmm, I hadn't. Time to join up. Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    This rack rules.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Porteur-4357385423_65d5f54c0a_b.jpg  

JP
    Lizzie will ride free
    Pretty sweet Rc. See you soon at the populaire.
    "Another shot of the 6th Street Bridge. I guess I'm feeling sentimental because word is they're going to tear it down and build a replacement." DrRoebuck

http://subterraneanhomesickrandonneurblues.blogspot.com