RoadBikeReview Member

Rain pants for tall cyclist

When I'm shopping for pants, I generally look for a 34" inseam. I find that most cycling rain pants are not this long. This is doubly important because a cycling rain pant needs to come down over the cuff of my bootie or shoe to prevent water just draining into the shoe.

Any suggestions? I'd love it if they had stretch and were somewhat close fitting too, since I have a very long commute where wind drag matters.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Check out showers pass and Endura. The Endura pants (some models) have extendable flaps that can add as much as 2" to overall length.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Endura has some "waterproof lycra" that sounds really interesting. Have you tried those? I see Universal Cycles and other USA sellers seem to carry the brand.

And speaking of 'waterproof lycra' types, I see Castelli has a Nanoflex product they claim to be highly water resistant. Some other vendors list some waterproof stretch bib tights as well. Any experience with those?
    Last edited by nhluhr; 10-26-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Bikes make girls hotter!
    Oct 2011
    I am 5'11" and the size L in these are too long, I roll the waistband into a cuff to keep them from dragging etc.. . the Aqua Veto waterproofing is 110% and they do breathe some. Worth checking out a pair. http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/Specialized/20021?$Large$
    It is pretty much safe to assume I have no idea what I'm doing and that I need more fixing than my bike!