MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment

Take One And Go!

Ah, Capital Bike Share how we love thee.Take One And Go!-02.jpgLet me count the ways.Take One And Go!-00.jpgIt is easy.Take One And Go!-01.jpgIt is cheap.Take One And Go!-03.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    We can go all over town.Take One And Go!-10.jpgWithout a care in the world.Take One And Go!-18.jpgIt is not our bike.Take One And Go!-17.jpgTake One And Go!-16.jpgWe don't have to lock it.Take One And Go!-15.jpgWe don't have to fix it.Take One And Go!-14.jpgDirt isn't our problem.Take One And Go!-13.jpgThey are available all over the place.Take One And Go!-12.jpgThey ride just fine.Take One And Go!-11.jpgAnd if they have a problem we just get another one.Take One And Go!-19.jpg
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    The Bike Share station closest to our house is right in front of Georgetown University.Take One And Go!-22.jpgGood thing we are returning and not picking up.Take One And Go!-21.jpgWhat you like are stations that are partially full.Take One And Go!-20.jpgIf it is full you can't drop off.Take One And Go!-23.jpgIf it is empty you can't pick up.Take One And Go!-24.jpgThems the chances you take.Take One And Go!-25.jpgUnless you have the smartphone app for Bike Share.Take One And Go!-26.jpgThe app allows you to access station status and know how many full and empty slots there are.Take One And Go!-27.jpgWorks for us!Take One And Go!-28.jpg

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    You see folks riding the bikes all over town.Take One And Go!-32.jpgAnd stopped all over town too.Take One And Go!-31.jpgIt is amazing how many folks you see out riding.Take One And Go!-30.jpgWhat we really find astound is how far out of town you see the bikes.Take One And Go!-33.jpgSince anything more than a 1/2 hour hop starts the hourly fee it can get quite expensive to take a long tour.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    It is not like Bike Share doesn't provide clear information about the system..Take One And Go!-40.jpgTake One And Go!-41.jpgTake One And Go!-42.jpgTake One And Go!-43.jpgTake One And Go!-44.jpg

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Nice and sturdy bikes.Take One And Go!-51.jpgEasily adjustable to the rider.Take One And Go!-50.jpgWith all the expected warning labels.Take One And Go!-52.jpgEasy to operate.Take One And Go!-53.jpgVery reliable parts.Take One And Go!-54.jpgAnd just enough gears for DC.Take One And Go!-55.jpgThe company seems to service the things quite often.Take One And Go!-60.jpg

Bike Share, one of the best things we have ever done for our cycling!

RoadBikeReview Member
    What a great way for cities to add a means for exercise. They have bicycles set up in a version like that in Minneapolis. Oklahoma has a very very mini version in OKC
    never,never,never give up

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Quote Originally Posted by commutenow View Post
    What a great way for cities to add a means for exercise. ...
    We don't do it for exercise (we get plenty), we do it for fun. Not to mention that it is a great way to run errands and go out to eat.

Pick up a bike+ride it to where ever you want+drop it off at a station = worry free dining, shopping or whatever. If someone steals it=not our problem. That is a real bonus in a city.

Cheese is my copilot
    Did you trip the Segway people?
    Life is better in the big ring.

http://theclemencyblog.blogspot.com/