RoadBikeReview Member

Top five pic from Sunday's ride LARA West

Hi all, had a nice ride yesterday. A loop around lake Apopka with a spin through the Lake Apopka Restoration Area West.

Route used: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/38323890
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Top five pic from Sunday's ride LARA West-croppedimgp0648.jpg   Top five pic from Sunday's ride LARA West-croppedfile0305.jpg   Top five pic from Sunday's ride LARA West-croppedimgp0650.jpg   Top five pic from Sunday's ride LARA West-croppedimgp0651.jpg   Top five pic from Sunday's ride LARA West-croppedimgp0654.jpg  

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Just hope them buzzards aren't waiting for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
    Just hope them buzzards aren't waiting for you!
    Maybe - after the dirt I did 6 passes up Sugarloaf getting ready for next weeks HH 100.

By the end I was just about ready for the buzzards ;-)

BTW - are you doing the HH 100? Think I will start early 7:00 AM or so to avoid the pack and let the racer boys catch me later and just enjoy the ride.

Later, Axlenut

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    Many memories of that area. I still remember Art Grindle jumping on the hoods of cars at his Wheel Ranch. The bike I rode back then was an old Schwinn 3 speed, my only obstacles were wind and those sand trucks that wanted to see how close they could get to me with their side mirrors. Great pics!

your text here
    when did you get that moto? i only recall your threads wit a steel bike.

looks like a nice place to ride. good luck on the hhh
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weltyed View Post
    when did you get that moto? i only recall your threads wit a steel bike.

looks like a nice place to ride. good luck on the hhh
    I bought the Moto CX bike about 2 years ago. BTW - I have five bikes, most of the pictures have been of the steel fixie as it is probably my favourite bike to ride; however, the CX bike is a close second and it is really nice to mix things up.

The long range forecast for Sunday looks very good - really looking forward to the big ride.

Take care, Axlenut

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    Nice pics. Re: the one that shows your bike on the bridge: don't you carry a spare tube, inflator of some kind, rudimentary tools?
    Don't believe everything you think.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Versatile View Post
    Nice pics. Re: the one that shows your bike on the bridge: don't you carry a spare tube, inflator of some kind, rudimentary tools?
    Yes, I just prefer to keep it all off the bike - hate rattles. I use a fanny pack and have lots of fix it stuff, lets see - a chain multi tool, a master link, CO2 inflators + the inflater, at least one spare tube, a patch kit, tire boots, a mini pump, two tire pry bars, credit card, small cell phone. BTW - notice I keep the dork plate on - the thought is it might save the day if it keeps the rear dérailleur out of the spokes if I hit a large stick or crash.

Later, Axlenut