RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005

Topeak WhiteLite HP

I recently saw this on Topeak's new products PDF, and am thinking about getting one. It would replace a Cateye HL-EL500 which broke. The Cateye was a 1 watt led and was a decent battery headlight. I'm intrigued by this new Topeak model because it's a 3 watt led. Bikesomewhere has it for under $75. Has anyone tried out this light?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just got back from Sea Otter and saw the light there. Looks cool. Interesting design -- flashlight shaped -- and a decent mount. One major flaw... the batteries. It uses two 3V camera batteries. While the batteries are available from any camera store, rechargeables are not. And the batteries are expensive. There is a Li-Ion pack that is sold separately, but it's about $120, or so.

-James

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCyclingComputer
    I recently saw this on Topeak's new products PDF, and am thinking about getting one. It would replace a Cateye HL-EL500 which broke. The Cateye was a 1 watt led and was a decent battery headlight. I'm intrigued by this new Topeak model because it's a 3 watt led. Bikesomewhere has it for under $75. Has anyone tried out this light?