RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013

10 speed Dura Ace, still worthy for some?

As I'm getting older , my 28 tooth max cog Dura Ace 7900 is not going to do it for me. I use a compact 34-50 crank. So my GAS is acting up and I want to get a new Ultegra r8000 group with 32 large cog. Now my question.

Are folks still jonesing for this older 7900 stuff? I have a complete group on my bike plus two extra sets of hubs I'm looking to sell to offset the Ultegra purchase.

Been looking at the evilbay and not too many 7900 groups being sold. I know the only way to really know is to put it for sale and see what happens. Just curious as to desirability.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    Go back to evilbay and search on SOLD and/or COMPLETED listings. That'll give you a better handle on the actual market value and desirability.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by coupster View Post
    Go back to evilbay and search on SOLD and/or COMPLETED listings. That'll give you a better handle on the actual market value and desirability.
    Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    The answer to your question is: No.

Definitely virtually no one is 'jonesing' for a used 7900 groupset. You'd be able to sell it if the price is too good to say no though.
    And there tends to be people who already have it jonesing for individual parts because they don't want new wheels and full group set just because they crashed out a right shifter or whatever. But they'd have no interest in the whole package.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    The answer to your question is: No.

Definitely virtually no one is 'jonesing' for a used 7900 groupset. You'd be able to sell it if the price is too good to say no though.
    And there tends to be people who already have it jonesing for individual parts because they don't want new wheels and full group set just because they crashed out a right shifter or whatever. But they'd have no interest in the whole package.
    Guess I'll piece it out on the bay then. Stuff still is selling at an ok price.
    I usually price my items very well and they sell quickly. I use the advanced search tab and see how much things sold for and I go lower, often free shipping to entice.

Thanks for all the advice.