Overweight wannabe roadie
    May 2006

25.8 Kalloy seatpost from Lickbike

I need a longer seatpost for my Schwinn Traveler, which is 25.8mm in diameter. I found this at Lickbike. http://www.lickbike.com/productpage.aspx?PART_NUM_SUB='0862-50'

Does anyone have any experience with this seatpost? I am a big Clydesdale, more of a Brontosaurus , so I want something strong. I also am using a B-17 saddle. Will I have any problem with compatibility between seatpost and saddle rails? I would love to find a Chro-Moly silver stem, same length, same diameter, same price, but don't know where to look. Also, in regards to the Laprade style clamp, is the tilt adjustment fairly user-friendly? My other Schwinn, an '02 Fastback Sport, has a Ritchey seatpost that has a one-bolt clamp that has been fairly good. Should I be looking for something with a two-bolt clamp for strength?

"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
    Tried to help you before about this.

Set-back seatpost question
    ~ just "Don" (not a bike scientist)

Overweight wannabe roadie
    May 2006
    I know, sorry. That was more about setback than height. I hadn't really had a chance at that point to ride it and fine tune the fit. When I went back to regular drop bars, the setback became unnecessary. Now I just need more leg extension. With the current seatpost at the maximum extension, I can sit on the seat and touch the ground flat-footed. I am not ignoring the previous advice, just adapting to a changing situation. I appreciate all the help from those on this forum.