RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011

3T Doric Ltd + Specialized Romin = Torn bibs

Hi,

Is anybody using this post and saddle combo?

I am, and during a 50km ride this morning I found that my bibs were rubbing on the sharp edge of the cradle which the saddle rails sit in and after an hour or so, they've worn through/ripped and I've now got a pretty sore scrape on the inside of my thigh.

I tried a different saddle, SLR Kit Carbonio, and the same problem exists.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old, slow, and fat.
    My Castelli bibs have a hole right there too. Shame. Now they're winter bibs.

Not running that specific setup. It happens on others too

M
    I've moved back to NoVA. PLEASE change the weather!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    When I installed that post, I noticed that edge as well. I put my oldest bibs on, with no concern if I lost them. It ripped a hole right through them. I returned the post. Picked up the Dorico instead, no issues with that one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I have this post on order for my new bike I am building. I have the Dorico on my current bike, and this makes me think I should change the order to another Dorico.
    2011 Cervelo R5, Sram Red, Mavic Carbone SLE's...

2012 Cervelo R5CA, Sram Red, Aeolus 5.0's...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    This isn't too good is it really!

So the only solution is to buy a different post. I bet 3T didn't have that in mind when they started selling it.....

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    The Doric is a zero setback post, so if you push the seat back on it the fixing mechanism (many sharp edges, I agree) gets exposed. A setback post like the Dorico should hide the fixing mechanism under the wider part of the saddle. Just make sure that the saddle doesn't change position in space.
    Last edited by kbwh; 06-06-2012 at 01:39 AM.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    It's a good point. I have my seat quite a long way back so will try moving it forwards a little to check if I'm still comfortable. If so, problem solved!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    The edges are very sharp on the cradle, I have 2 Doric LTD posts, I sanded down the sharp edges of the cradle on each one and have had no problems

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wetpaint View Post
    The edges are very sharp on the cradle, I have 2 Doric LTD posts, I sanded down the sharp edges of the cradle on each one and have had no problems
    I thought about doing this after reading these post. Good to know it worked for you. I think I will get the post and depending on saddle position do the same thing. Thanks for the info.
    2011 Cervelo R5, Sram Red, Mavic Carbone SLE's...

2012 Cervelo R5CA, Sram Red, Aeolus 5.0's...