RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

3T Ergonova Pro Discrepency- WHAT"S THE DEAL??

So I'm about to pick up some 44cm Ergonova Pro's and there seems to be two color options online, but no one knows why.

3T says the one's that are all over the web don't exist(which ironically are the bars I prefer), and I have not been able to get confirmation from the sites.

This one I know exists as my shop has some in stock:
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/192...-Handlebar.htm

This one is the one I really want, but 3t claims it doesn't exist:
    http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?p...jor=1&minor=15

Does anyone know what the deal is?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    If Excel sports sells them, they exist. I'd order from them. No tax and quick shipping.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Not So Much

I actually spoke with a rep that grabbed one of the Ergonova Pro's they had in stock and it was not what they have pictured. It was the one my shop has in stock.

The mystery continues.

Shut up legs!
    I didn't realized the discrepancy until you posted the two links.

I have the Erognova Pro and it's the one your shop has. I also have the Erognova Team which is red and has the same color design as the Pro that dosesn't exist.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

You could..

Quote Originally Posted by isaac brown
    I actually spoke with a rep that grabbed one of the Ergonova Pro's they had in stock and it was not what they have pictured. It was the one my shop has in stock.

The mystery continues.
    You could contact Excel Sports "Live Chat" and communicate with a real person online. Ask him to look and see if that is the exact product they sell. I've communicated with them a couple of times and had good results...other than that, I dunno..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    As a side note, how do you like the ergonova? How does the pro compare to the team?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Dinosaur- yeah, I spoke on the phone with their customer service. He grabbed a bar and they were the one with the white stripe across the front- like my shop has.

It's crazy, if you google ergonova pro, almost every site has the version pictured that 3t claims doesn't exist, and it clearly says "ergonova pro"

Again, mystery continues.

Someone certainly will have the answer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Because 3T is a bunch of crazy Italians!

The Team stem with white labels does "not exist," yet Excel among other retailer have them.
    Last edited by DIRT BOY; 09-11-2009 at 11:36 AM.
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Ok Then, where can I get some Ergonova Pro's with the design that doesn't exist?

Shut up legs!
    That picture used all over the net was just a stock photo of the bar when it first came out before the bars actually hit the market. 3T probably changed the print design immediately after to distinquish the Pro from the Team better.

The Team is just a carbon version of the PRO. Same shape/bend. It's about 65 grams lighter and cost 4 times more.

I love the Ergonovas. Their shape fits very well, and they look great. I particularly like their flat top part, which gives me a more comfortable hold on the bars when climbing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3T Ergonova Pro Discrepency- WHAT"S THE DEAL??-img_1737.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenacycle; 09-11-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Shut up legs!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRT BOY
    Because T is a bucnh of crazy Italians!

The Team stem with white labels does "not exist," yet Excel among other retailer have them.

That's the PRO stem. It's printed on the stem too.

The stem itself, between the PRO and the Team is exactly the same. Same weight, same material. The only difference is the Team comes with titanium bolts and PRO has stainless bolts. But the price difference is double.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3T Ergonova Pro Discrepency- WHAT"S THE DEAL??-img_2671.jpg  

Every little counts...
    Quote Originally Posted by kdub

The stem itself, between the PRO and the Team is exactly the same. Same weight, same material. The only difference is the Team comes with titanium bolts and PRO has stainless bolts. But the price difference is double.
    Angle. I believe the Team stem is 8*, the Pro is 4*.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdub

Whoops, I just noticed that. Excel list the TEAM with white, but its the wrong picture.

But if NOT the exact same stem.

The Pro is 2010 AL the Pro is 7075 T6 with Ti Bolts. I have/had both.

Even with Ti Bolts, the Pro is 8-12g heavier than the Team.

7075 is a stronger higher quality Aluminum.
    Last edited by DIRT BOY; 09-11-2009 at 11:35 AM.
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

Shut up legs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunout
    Angle. I believe the Team stem is 8*, the Pro is 4*.

Both Team and Pro comes in -6 degree angle. However Team also comes in -17 deg as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Because T is a bucnh of crazy Italians!
    Except they're not Italian at all!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimobici
    Except they're not Italian at all!
    OK, the company is.
    made in taiwan

3T
    Via Papa Giovanni XXIII
    24040 Madone (BG)
    Italy
    Tel: +39.035.4943451 (Monday – Friday 9.00-17.00)
    DIRT BOY

Devoid of all flim-flam
    Love my Ergonova Pro. The only bar I've ever had where every position is both reachable and comfortable. White-striped, by the way.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    OK, the company is.
    made in taiwan

3T
    Via Papa Giovanni XXIII
    24040 Madone (BG)
    Italy
    Tel: +39.035.4943451 (Monday Friday 9.00-17.00)
    A text book lesson in marketing bollocks over truth. Tecno Tubi Torino was bought by Gruppo (Cinelli) and then plundered and killed off. The name was sold and The New 3T started in 2008. The only "original" part is the name 3t.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    i just ordered the pro ergonova's thinking that they were the "mystery" design dammit! got the stem to match too

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimobici
    A text book lesson in marketing bollocks over truth. Tecno Tubi Torino was bought by Gruppo (Cinelli) and then plundered and killed off. The name was sold and The New 3T started in 2008. The only "original" part is the name 3t.
    Huh, yes. That's why they are called the NEW 3T!

They are located in Italy as well.
    DIRT BOY