Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sgc
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Quick update for anybody with the same issue.

1. I can confirm that the latest version of the PC software has the ability to alter the FD setting (I was using out of date version!!)
    2. Setting this to 59/39 will resolve the issue of not being able to use the 12T and 11T cogs while on the small ring, however there is one additional setting you need to make for this work. There is an additional setting called "Gear Control" on the same page. Make sure this is set to "off"

Thanks to all for suggestions, additional gears now available for those who like using them

regards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017

9150 Rear Derailleur & Chain

I'm sure you tried this, sgc, but just to be explicit, what happened when you left the FD as 50/34 but turned off "gear control?"

sgc
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidCooled View Post
    I'm sure you tried this, sgc, but just to be explicit, what happened when you left the FD as 50/34 but turned off "gear control?"
    Didnt try this, everything I have read to date said change the FD to 53/39 so I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that others had tried the 50/34 option? It isnt too much hassle to set it up with the 50/34 option, so will see if that works and report back

regards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc View Post
    Didnt try this, everything I have read to date said change the FD to 53/39 so I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that others had tried the 50/34 option? It isnt too much hassle to set it up with the 50/34 option, so will see if that works and report back

regards
    Yeah, that's what I read, too, but your post was the first time I've read of the "gear control" option. I'm wondering if that new option is solely responsible for disabling cross chaining. The older di2 groups (6870, 9070, etc) don't have the "gear control" knob, and they allow full cross chaining.

sgc
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    I'll give it a try tonight and see if the theory works?

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc View Post
    Quick update for anybody with the same issue.

1. I can confirm that the latest version of the PC software has the ability to alter the FD setting (I was using out of date version!!)
    2. Setting this to 59/39 will resolve the issue of not being able to use the 12T and 11T cogs while on the small ring, however there is one additional setting you need to make for this work. There is an additional setting called "Gear Control" on the same page. Make sure this is set to "off"

Thanks to all for suggestions, additional gears now available for those who like using them

regards
    Good to know.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

sgc
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Curiosity got the better of me!
    Only those options with a gear difference of 14T or less will work, ie 54/42, 55/42, 53/39, 52/38. If you choose any other option, the gear control option is greyed out and will not allow you to make any changes. So one of the initial comments about the 14T differential is correct.

regards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    Good to know. Thanks for checking, sgc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12