Travels by Map

Alloy handlebars similar to Nitto noodle bar

I'm looking for new handlebars for one of my bikes. My fixed gear has a Nitto 177 (noodle bar) and Nitto Dynamic stem that look great together and I really like the Nitto 177.

The bike for which I want new bars is a a 2004 Cannondale R400 with a black stem and 26mm clamp. The Nitto would look out of place on this bike, so I'm looking for alloy bars without an anatomic bend. I hate the anatomic bars that came on the Cannondale when I bought it years ago (Cinelli Altera) and prefer the bend on the Nitto.

The only thing I've seen so far that looks similar and is made for 26mm clamp is the Deda 215. Is there anything else I'm missing?

For reference, the Nitto 177 is 140mm drop and 90mm reach while the shallow Deda 215 is 135mm drop and 80mm reach. The geometry on the two bikes is quite different so I think the shorter drop and reach would probably be okay on the Cannondale.

The Deda site says the 215 is also available in a "deep" version but I can't find anywhere with the specifications for that one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    I don't have any specific suggestions for you...

But, if you also consider replacing the stem with a 31.8mm, you will have a whole lot more bars to choose from.

OTOH, there are always a lot of used 26mm bars on eBay.
    Hey, I'm not going bald... I'm getting more aero.

2007 Look 565 (Ultegra 6600, Ksyrium Elite); 2005 Felt B2 (2010 Rival/Red, Rolf Prima Vigor); 2009 Look 586 Pro Team (under constr. 2009 Force, Rolf Prima Elan); Trek 7200 (stock stuff); Yokota Yosemite (Deore LX, Wheelsmith, Rock Shox)

Travels by Map
    Quote Originally Posted by Amfoto1
    I don't have any specific suggestions for you...

But, if you also consider replacing the stem with a 31.8mm, you will have a whole lot more bars to choose from.

OTOH, there are always a lot of used 26mm bars on eBay.
    I've been considering just ordering a new stem along with bars. There is definitely more selection for 31.8mm handlebars with a non-retro look. There are a couple different models by 3T in particular that look good to me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    Look for the Nitto Soba. It has the same shape as the noodle bar, but with a modern, bulged 26.0mm clamp area. It is lighter than the 177 as well.