off the back

Anyone know a source for silver Deda 215 bars?

All I see are black ones.

One of my old TTT Competizione bars is pretty scarred up around the clamp area, and I'm not sure I quite trust it for the long term, and so I'm looking for a replacement. Currently, ebay seems pretty scarce for silver, classic round bend bars, especially TTT. Did see a NOS Cinelli 66, but the guy wanted $250 for it, which is pretty outrageous in my book.

The Deda seems to be the only classic round bar alternative these days, but the silver ones seem to be nonexistent in real life, although the website says they make them.
    Eff the King's Guard. Eff the city. Eff the King.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I picked a silver deda 215 off ebay but is was about a year ago.
    Keep looking/waiting, they should show up.

Beware they have a very dull finish, not pretty and sort of ugly.
    I wanted to use a silver stem but it looked horrid. Kept the bars but went with a black soon to be replaced with a red stem.

off the back
    My preference would be to find an old Cinelli or TTT bar, but if I can't, then the silver 215 seems to be the only alternative. But yeah, the dull finish has me leaving that as a last option. If I can't find an older silver bar, I think I'd almost rather have a black one than that dull silver color.

I did buy one of these off ebay yesterday,

Polished midsection, not sure if it has cable grooves or if that's just photoshop shading, , but we'll see when it gets here. It's a 44, but not sure if measured c-c, or o-o like Deda does. I'll keep it to have just in case, and if it seems like it's gonna work well enough, but if it's not quite wide enough, have my shop order me one in a 46.
    Last edited by rufus; 05-18-2012 at 06:45 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2010
    Cinelli is making its quill 1A stem and 64 Giro D'Iltalia silver bars again - in the more universal 26mm size. Note that they have minimal grooving (or so it appears in photos). I have seen the bars for around $65. Cinelli uses center-to-center measurement for the bars.

COMPONENTS, Handlebars, Drop Bars, 64 Giro D'Italia - Cinelli-USA

off the back
    That might well do the trick, but the finish looks more matte-like as well, although from what I've seen most Cinelli bars weren't too highly polished.

We'll see how this new Deda bar looks when it gets here.

off the back
    Got the Deda bar today. Unfortunately, it is measured outside-outside, so it's a couple centimeters narrower than i'd prefer. But I'm going to ride it and see how it goes.

It's not quite as polished in the center section as my TTT bars or stem, but it's not a matte finish either, kind of dull polish. Maybe more like a Cinelli bar, but I've never seen one up close in person. It is matte in the areas that will be taped. It does have grooves front and rear. Well, not really grooves, per se, but more like a line etched along the center of the bar. But it should do as a guide to place the cable.

Haven't weighed it yet, I need to put it in a stem so it will sit on my scale.