Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 31 of 31

Thread: BB Questions!

  1. #26
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    226
    I finally got the tool and got this done. I was nervous but now that I got the BB installed and my Franks, I was terrified because it was pretty easy. I went really slow and it seems to have worked out fine.

    I also installed the headset. Cane creek. It was a tad trickier as the fit was pretty snug. Worked out fine. Cups are in. They seem seated properly.

    Crown race tool came in last night. Now I try not to screw up the Parlee fork.

    Back to headset bearings. Can I get a reminder on which direction the bearings are suppose to go? As in concave side in or out on upper and lower?

  2. #27
    'brifter' is a lame word.
    Reputation: cxwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,770
    Quote Originally Posted by biscut View Post
    I finally got the tool and got this done. I was nervous but now that I got the BB installed and my Franks, I was terrified because it was pretty easy. I went really slow and it seems to have worked out fine.

    I also installed the headset. Cane creek. It was a tad trickier as the fit was pretty snug. Worked out fine. Cups are in. They seem seated properly.

    Crown race tool came in last night. Now I try not to screw up the Parlee fork.

    Back to headset bearings. Can I get a reminder on which direction the bearings are suppose to go? As in concave side in or out on upper and lower?
    They go in the only way they'll match up to the crown race and frame. The 'concave' side faces out, it interfaces w/ the crown race on the fork and the split ring at the top. It won't work the other way.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

  3. #28
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    I put it on the threads in the frame not on the bb cup.
    This reminds me of one of my first days working at a shop in the early 90s. My sexuality was questioned after I was observed greasing a seat post on a new bike build. I always greased the seat tube after that.

  4. #29
    Russian Troll Farmer
    Reputation: No Time Toulouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by biscut View Post
    I finally got the tool and got this done. I was nervous but now that I got the BB installed and my Franks, ...
    ....
    What, you're having hot dogs while working on your bike????
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

  5. #30
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    What, you're having hot dogs while working on your bike????
    I’m the weenie here! Cell phone key pad, auto correct, etc...does not do my big ass hands any favors.

  6. #31
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by biscut View Post
    I’m the weenie here! Cell phone key pad, auto correct, etc...does not do my big ass hands any favors.
    I turned off auto correct long time ago after it caused an embarrassing text.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Cannondale Seatpost, BB and FD questions/size
    By ridewt in forum Components, Wrenching
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 11:48 AM
  2. a couple of questions questions...
    By Kaboom in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 11:11 AM
  3. Questions about MB1's FG/SS spring century
    By cmgauch in forum Fixed/Single Speed
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 01:05 PM
  4. Questions about an older OCLV frame
    By ks1g in forum Trek
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 03:04 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest RoadBike Articles

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

roadbikereview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.