Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BB Questions!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    I finally got the tool and got this done. I was nervous but now that I got the BB installed and my Franks, I was terrified because it was pretty easy. I went really slow and it seems to have worked out fine.

I also installed the headset. Cane creek. It was a tad trickier as the fit was pretty snug. Worked out fine. Cups are in. They seem seated properly.

Crown race tool came in last night. Now I try not to screw up the Parlee fork.

Back to headset bearings. Can I get a reminder on which direction the bearings are suppose to go? As in concave side in or out on upper and lower?

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by biscut View Post
    I finally got the tool and got this done. I was nervous but now that I got the BB installed and my Franks, I was terrified because it was pretty easy. I went really slow and it seems to have worked out fine.

I also installed the headset. Cane creek. It was a tad trickier as the fit was pretty snug. Worked out fine. Cups are in. They seem seated properly.

Crown race tool came in last night. Now I try not to screw up the Parlee fork.

Back to headset bearings. Can I get a reminder on which direction the bearings are suppose to go? As in concave side in or out on upper and lower?
    They go in the only way they'll match up to the crown race and frame. The 'concave' side faces out, it interfaces w/ the crown race on the fork and the split ring at the top. It won't work the other way.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    I put it on the threads in the frame not on the bb cup.
    This reminds me of one of my first days working at a shop in the early 90s. My sexuality was questioned after I was observed greasing a seat post on a new bike build. I always greased the seat tube after that.

Russian Troll Farmer
    I finally got the tool and got this done. I was nervous but now that I got the BB installed and my Franks, ...
    What, you're having hot dogs while working on your bike????
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    What, you're having hot dogs while working on your bike????
    I’m the weenie here! Cell phone key pad, auto correct, etc...does not do my big ass hands any favors.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I’m the weenie here! Cell phone key pad, auto correct, etc...does not do my big ass hands any favors.
    I turned off auto correct long time ago after it caused an embarrassing text.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12