RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002

Bearing for Rolf Vector Comp hub

I'm looking for spare bearing cartridges for a Rolf Vector Comp rear hub, the old red-rimmed wheels of about 2000 vintage.

I'm asking because I recall someone on this site, quite a while back before the new forum came around, saying they had a bunch of spares sitting around. I searched the current forum for posts on this topic, and couldn't turn up anything. I also checked with the LBS and they said they couldn't help me.

Also, if by chance the bearing would be a standard part at mcmaster or something, I'd appreciate tips on how to identify what part to order.

The wheels have quite a few miles on them, but they're in great shape with a lot of life left apart from the rear bearings. I hate to retire them out over this.

Paranoid Android

Try a Trek dealer

Quote Originally Posted by AllUpHill
    I'm looking for spare bearing cartridges for a Rolf Vector Comp rear hub, the old red-rimmed wheels of about 2000 vintage.

I'm asking because I recall someone on this site, quite a while back before the new forum came around, saying they had a bunch of spares sitting around. I searched the current forum for posts on this topic, and couldn't turn up anything. I also checked with the LBS and they said they couldn't help me.

Also, if by chance the bearing would be a standard part at mcmaster or something, I'd appreciate tips on how to identify what part to order.

The wheels have quite a few miles on them, but they're in great shape with a lot of life left apart from the rear bearings. I hate to retire them out over this.
    If the LBS you went to wasn't already a Trek dealer, try and find one and see if they can help. Rolf left the Trek family a few years ago, in which Bontrager took over the road components. Some of the features between the Bontrager and old Rolf wheels are pretty similar, so it's possible the bearings for the Race of Race Lite wheels are compatible. If not, I believe Trek still has a small supply of leftover spare Rolf parts (atleast last summer they had some parts lying around). Any of the Rolf Prima stuff is not compatible, and Rolf's new company will be of no assistance to you.

IIRC, the bearings are a pretty standard size, so a bearing supply company may be yet another option. The size ID is usually printed on the plastic seals. I've never ordered bearings from McMaster or anything, so maybe someone else and elaborate on this.

-Ryan

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

standards..

Acording to the Boca Bearing webite, the rear takes a 6902 and the front takes a 6802.

The Boca prices are pretty high.

http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.as...earchkit&cat=9

This source below is so cheap that I'd question the quality.

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/CTGY/15mm/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Great, thanks. This is ideal. I'm amazed the Boca site has such thorough information. Never heard of them before.