RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

Blackburn Delphi 6.0 Cyclometer

I recently bought a Blackburn Delphi 6.0 Cyclometer and I cannot get the heart rate monitor to work . I tried changing the battery in the chest strap and resetting the unit but so far no luck . All the other functions work great, does anyone have any tips before I return it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Do you have a hairy chest? If so, then this could be the problem. You may need to spot shave.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Ned
    I recently bought a Blackburn Delphi 6.0 Cyclometer and I cannot get the heart rate monitor to work . I tried changing the battery in the chest strap and resetting the unit but so far no luck . All the other functions work great, does anyone have any tips before I return it?

Make sure you wet the chest strap, that is the first thing you can should do in cases of the HR monitor not reading. Make sure you put the battery in correctly, I've seen new batteries be bad from the box so even the new battery could be bad. I own that same computer and mine is great.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    HRM worked fine on my wifes new 5.0, but I cannot get the cadence monitor to work for the life of me!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    On mine I found that the cadence magnet had to be closely aligned with the ridge on the wired monitor. At first it slipped a little out of position and wouldn't register, then I repositioned it and it's worked fine since.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    You have to warm up a bit for the HR monitor to work. Mine registered nothing right out of the box in my air-conditioned house but after I rode for a minute or two it worked fine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006
    Sorry to chime in here late, but as simonton suggested, a particularly hairy chest can cause issues, and with any HRM you have to moisten the electrodes on the chest strap to get it to work. Most riders just lick 'em but if you find that gross, there's a product called Buh-ump or something like that which will do the job for you.

Other than that, the battery in the head unit could be getting tired. When it does, it'll affect the range it can recieve a signal. If that doesn't work, contact our customer service and we'll get you a new one under the LIfetime Warranty. We don't see many of these coming back for HRM issues though.