Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    Can I tag onto this thread? First post here!
    I am trying to add e-tube to my di2 setup. i bought the ew-wu101 and the bm-dn100. when connecting to the app, i get an error that the SM-EW67-A-E is not compatible.

Anyone see this before? thanks for the help!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2017
    [QUOTE=leo95se;5161554]Can I tag onto this thread? First post here!
    I am trying to add e

I am guessing that you have to upgrade to the SM-EW90-B 5 Port switch, though I am not a tech and can't speak from experience, but I did have an older switch and it wasn't compatible, though Shimano's website said
    it was.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    i think thats it too. ordered a new (3 port) switch and a couple wires. will test when it arrives next week. fingers crossed!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2014
    You don't need a 5-port.

But you DO need one of the newer A junctions, 3-port or 5-port. Yours is one of the older ones.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leo95se View Post
    Can I tag onto this thread? First post here!
    I am trying to add e-tube to my di2 setup. i bought the ew-wu101 and the bm-dn100. when connecting to the app, i get an error that the SM-EW67-A-E is not compatible.

Anyone see this before? thanks for the help!
    Please explain how you intend on charging the internal battery with that junction attached. That's why it's not compatible, you need a junction with the charging port.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by goodboyr View Post
    Please explain how you intend on charging the internal battery with that junction attached. That's why it's not compatible, you need a junction with the charging port.

The BM-DN100 is the external battery so it uses the older charger system. But the e-tube compatibility chart indicates the EW-WU101 is not compatible with the older SM-EW67-A. Only the first gen D-Fly SM-EWW01 is listed and it does not have BLE.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Right. Sorry. My mistake.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    I'm having slightly different issues than those above. I replaced my SM-EWW01 with an EW-WU111, and upgraded my battery to the BT-DN110. It paired just fine via ANT+ to my Garmin 810, but I can't get the Bluetooth to pair with my Android phone. I've tried various length button presses on the Junction A, but I can't get it to blink red and green alternately. Also, how do you get out of the eTube app once you have it open?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMc76 View Post
    I'm having slightly different issues than those above. I replaced my SM-EWW01 with an EW-WU111, and upgraded my battery to the BT-DN110. It paired just fine via ANT+ to my Garmin 810, but I can't get the Bluetooth to pair with my Android phone. I've tried various length button presses on the Junction A, but I can't get it to blink red and green alternately. Also, how do you get out of the eTube app once you have it open?
    Did you upgrade all of your system firmware using the e-tube software and a wired connection? I have an iPhone not Android, but couldn't get the Bluetooth app connection to work before first upgrading the firmware. I don't know if this was due to the D-Fly firmware upgrade or was required for all the components because I updated all of them at once. After that i was able to connect using the iOS e-tube app.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SummitAK View Post
    Did you upgrade all of your system firmware using the e-tube software and a wired connection? I have an iPhone not Android, but couldn't get the Bluetooth app connection to work before first upgrading the firmware. I don't know if this was due to the D-Fly firmware upgrade or was required for all the components because I updated all of them at once. After that i was able to connect using the iOS e-tube app.

Thanks SummitAK. No, I didn't upgrade the firmware. Can you point me to something online explaining how to do that?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    Never mind, I found the manual online. Novel concept, read the instructions.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by srfarm View Post
    Well the new switch solved the problem of bluetooth connection, but created another problem that is a deal breaker. Apparently the swith has a connection limit and because if have two sets of shifters up front, one set on the aero bars, and one set near the brakes, the new switch won't handle it. So despite Shimano's compatability chart telling me that all my gear is compliant, which by the way it did prior to the new switch, and despite having done an upgrade on everything to make sure this wasn't resolved with a later update, I have now spent close to $300 for something I can't use. Not pleased! If anyone has any ideas, besides shelving this idea, I'm all ears.
    I am writing to correct my earlier post. I went to work on the headset on my Cervelo, and when I opened it up, I found another switch with the button buried inside my frame. I'm not sure why my dealer decided to put the button where I can't easily get to it, but I found it. So that means when I added the switch I actually was trying to use 2 of the same switches which obviously isn't compliant. Now that I am able to hit the button, I have connected via bluetooth. Also, the earlier post is correct, you have to go into your ipads system and hit ignore d-fly, then connect via e-tube. Now works like a charm, but wanted to correct my earlier statement. This system does work with dual sets of shifters. Yay!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12