RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009

Bottom Bracket to use w/ Campy Centaur Triple...

Hey there,

I'm on a budget so I've decided to build my own bike from the frame up. I snagged a Masi Gran Criterium (2005 model at a solid price) and bought a Campy Centaur triple crank for it (the older model). Now I of course would like to buy a bottom bracket. I believe that the Campy Centaur triple bottom bracket would work just fine, but what size should I buy.

The folks on the Beginners forum said to try over here. I appreciate your patience.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

info...

www.campagnolo.com has an extensive tech info area. This includes instructions for installing item like BBs.

As for "size", their are two issues. The BB cup threads must match the frame threads, either Italian or English. Measure the BB width. If it's 68mm wide, then the threads are 1.37 inch by 24tpi English. If the BB is 70mm wide, the it's Italian threaded.

The other issue is spindle length. A 111mm spindle is needed if the seat tube diameter is 1-1/8" or 28.6mm and 115mm if the seat tube is larger - 32 or 35mm diameter.

If you don't own calipers of a precision metric rule, now is the time to get them.