RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008

Bottom brackets and cranks

hi all,

I have a new frame with a t47 68mm wide bottom bracket. I also have a spare bb30/79 FSA gossamer crankset. Can I buy spacers to pack out the 11mm difference from my 68mm BB and the 79mm FSA spindle width?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2017
    I have a Fuji bike. 2016 Altamira 1.3. when I bought it I thought be good for fitness! now that I have done 2000 miles on it ,lost 73 lbs. I have the bug for upgrading. bike came with Heavy VERA Corsa wheel set. changed to HEP .So shaved some weight and it looks much nicer also.My question to you learned cyclist is concerning nxt step? Bike came with a 105 setup ,but the stem,seat tube and steerer are aluminum.should they be changed to carbon? Am also concerned with the Oval Concept 520 forged crank.should I go for a 105 to complete the group or look at other options .Am relatively new to to cycling so any input would be helpful.Really like my bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CMBravo View Post
    Bike came with a 105 setup ,but the stem,seat tube and steerer are aluminum.should they be changed to carbon? Am also concerned with the Oval Concept 520 forged crank.should I go for a 105 to complete the group or look at other options
    Wheels make the biggest difference. Changing to CF stem,seat post, fork really isn't going to change much. Going to a CF fork could save some wt, but getting one to that will fit is going to be a challenge, not impossible, but really not worth the .5 lb.
    I see a new bike in your future.
    BANNED