RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010

Brooks, Cardiff, VeloOrange and Zimbale saddles

Could anyone provide a review of any of the non-Brooks leather saddles that are on the market? Some are a blatant copy of Brooks but others are a little more innovative. In any case, I'd love to hear comments from anyone who has actually purchased a non-Brooks leather saddle and has had a chance to break it in. My Brooks got stolen and I'm not sure I want to shell out $100+ for another one before first exploring what else is on the market. Thanks!

Militant commuter
    "Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter!"

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanhai
    Could anyone provide a review of any of the non-Brooks leather saddles that are on the market? Some are a blatant copy of Brooks but others are a little more innovative. In any case, I'd love to hear comments from anyone who has actually purchased a non-Brooks leather saddle and has had a chance to break it in. My Brooks got stolen and I'm not sure I want to shell out $100+ for another one before first exploring what else is on the market. Thanks!
    Red Leather saddle- Brooks knock off
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Thanks for your response. I'd actually already read those reviews of the Velo Orange saddles. I was more looking to find people who have experience with the Cardiff and Zimbale saddles, or some newer information on the Velo Orange saddles. I've Googled the heck out of this already.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    I've had the VO model 3 since about March. Very comfortable, almost no break in needed. On Thursday of last week the saddle broke at one of the rear welds. I sent an email to VO the next morning, they replied within a few minutes and put a replacement saddle in the mail the same day. New saddle arrived at my house yesterday. Great customer service.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Thanks! I live fairly close to Annapolis, MD where VeloOrange is located. Maybe I'll go out there and take a look. If you have any other problems with the saddle please send an update. Greatly appreciated.